Thursday 20 March 2014

You Can Win Friends With Salad - Weight Loss Week Ten Day One - Lite and Easy (Lite n' Easy)

Week 10
Day 1 - Wednesday
19/03/2014

lite and easy
Breakfast nomminess
Breakfast: Bacon and Egg Mayo on a toasted Bagel

lite and easy blog
YES!
Image generated from: memegenerator.net
I could not bear to have cold egg on my Bagel so I was determined to fix this exploding-egg-in-the-microwave and I did it! It's the little things :)  I emptied out all the egg/mayo mix into a small air tight container and closed the lid...no banging or pops in the microwave and no mess! 

Love this breakfast mmm mmm!

lite n' easy
Meh
Morning Snack: Dried Apricots

lite n' easy blog
So good!
Lunch: Warm Chicken & Cous Cous Moroccan Salad with Yoghurt Dressing
Seasonal Fruit (Over ripe Grapes)

I kept putting off having my lunch as I saw I had salad.  I'd go into the fridge and see the salad in there and then close the fridge, I guess I was waiting for it to change into something else.  Then as it got later I thought "fine, I'll suck it up and have the damn salad", turns out that "damn" salad was actually damn tasty!

It was soooooo good!  Before I knew it I hovered down this salad, first time that has happened to me in my life!  The Cous Cous and Chicken was warm and tasty and the tang of the Yoghurt Dressing, YUM!

I think that you could definitely win friends with this salad! 

lite and easy food
Not so good 
I wish I could say the same about the Grapes but I can't, you would win enemies with these.  I started picking out the gross ones and soon realised I'd pretty much picked out the whole container.

I did call them about it and they said that they would give me a credit, however, last time they said they would give me a credit I didn't see one.  I will have to keep you updated.

lite and easy blogger
So much better than a fruit cup
Afternoon Snack: Tomato Bruschetta on Ciabatta Toast

Great tasty snack but I should have heated the salsa up, it's not as nice cold. 

lite and easy weight loss
Beefy Casserole
Dinner: 08 Hearty Beef Casserole

I haven't tried this one before and I thought I was going to hate it but it's not bad.  The meat is quite nice and the gravy is too.  I think it will be lovely to have when winter sets in.

Glasses of water: 8

Additional Items: Homemade Coffee (low fat milk and no sugar)
600ml Coke Zero

Exercise: None

Just when I thought I was over this cold I woke up this morning with a sore throat! GRRR!

sickness meme
Why sickness?
Image generated from: memegenerator.net

1 comment:

  1. Bacon & Egg Salad CarbsPerServing:23g total
    Effort:Easy
    Ingredients:
    8 eggs 1 cup mayonnaise
    ½ pound bacon 1 cup hot pepper cheese3 tablespoons chives –
    4 thin radishes – sliced thin 1 head lettuce – torn fine for
    salad 1 avocado – cubed
    How to Prepare:
    Boil the eggs, until hard and dice them. Fry the bacon and crumble it. Mix all
    ingredients in a bowl.
    NOTES:
    Carbs for avocado based on 14.85 for 1 3/8 cup – adjust accordingly. Carbs
    for lettuce base on 2 for 1 cup – adjust accordingly Carbs for hot pepper
    cheese not included in above total – adjust accordingly
    Salads and Dressings

    ReplyDelete