Monday 31 March 2014

Protein Shake Without The Powder - Berry Banana

powder free shake
This is so yummy!
I'm not a dietitian or a nutritionist, I'm just a woman trying to lose some weight, well quite a bit actually.  
I do know that protein is good for muscle recovery which makes it excellent for pre or post workouts.  
Weight loss is a big part of my goal but my health is always paramount. 

It's my personal belief that fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts and grains are far healthier than powders or pills.  
I know some of you may not agree and that's okay, you have to do what is right for you and how you feel.

So I'm always on the lookout for healthy shakes and recipes that don't contain powders.  
This shake contains about 14 grams of protein from the Yoghurt, Peanut Butter, Banana and Blueberries.  
It contains about 417 calories, which is great for someone like me who has difficulty eating back all the calories I burn off from exercise.

Berry Banana Shake
Breakdown of Berry Banana Shake

Ingredients
1 Large Banana sliced (Can use frozen to make it colder)
50 grams of Blueberries (I used frozen)
100 ml Light Greek Yoghurt (I used Farmers Union)
1 tablespoon Honey
1 tablespoon Peanut Butter (I used Kraft no added sugar/salt)

Blend, blend, blend until all ingredients are combined.  Pour into your favourite glass, sit down, relax and enjoy! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment