Thursday 27 March 2014

Tim Tams By The Zumbo Man - Weight Loss Week Eleven Day One - Lite and Easy (Lite n' Easy)

Week 11
Day 1 - Wednesday
26/03/2014
healthy breakfast for weightloss
Layered Breakfast in a Jar
Breakfast: Almond Toasted Muesli  and Passionfruit Yoghurt
 I added 100 grams of Blueberries, 100 grams of Raspberries (frozen and defrosted) and 50 grams of Farmers Union Light Greek Style Yoghurt.

You will see me adding more food and snacks during the day as I'm back to exercising and eating back my calories.  I knew I was going to work out today so I added some extra yoghurt and fruit.  I layered the Passionfruit Yoghurt, then some Raspberries and Blueberries, then some more Passionfruit Yoghurt, more berries and then topped it with light Greek Yoghurt and the Muesli. 

It was a really yummy breakfast but I don't think I will have this amount of Yoghurt again.  Yoghurt and my tummy don't really mix well and it makes me a little queasy, so this was way too much Yoghurt for me. 

lite n' easy blog
Finally a good Apple
Morning Snack: Red Apple

Have they (Lite n' Easy) been listening to me or did I just get lucky?  This Apple was delish!  Sweet, crunchy and fresh.  The Apples I have been getting lately were powdery, not this one.

lite and easy review
Let's focus on the Grapes...
Lunch: Asian Chicken Salad with Crispy Noodles and Sesame Soy Dressing
Seasonal Fruit (Grapes)

After confessing my love for the Warm Chicken & Cous Cous Moroccan Salad with Yoghurt Dressing (blog post here), I had high hopes for this salad.  I have to say I was a little disappointed.  

For starters I don't like cold Chicken and I didn't like the Soy Dressing, it was a little too tangy for me.  I liked the crunch element being there and the Crispy Noodles were okay, but I would have preferred some Croutons or something else. 

The Grapes, oh my, the Grapes.  I have not had luck with Grapes lately and I have been provided with sour Grapes (read post here), but today they were lovely!  So sweet and fresh, love them!

lite n easy experience
Oh yeah!
Afternoon Snack: Double Chocolate Cake
Low Fat Banana & Raisin Muffin (Recipe here)

Can we just take a moment to appreciate this cake...oh my stars!  I had my suspicions about a Double Chocolate Cake that was low fat and low calories but I shouldn't have been at all.  It's delicious and most certainly does not taste low fat.  I love when I heat it up in the microwave that the Chocolate Chips go all oozey and melty...*drool*.

low fat recipe
So yummy :)
Needing to add some more calories to my day, I decided on this homemade Banana & Raisin Muffin.  I love these and have a batch of them in my freezer waiting as a little healthy snack.  The recipe is here.

lite and easy dinner
Chicken Dinner is a Winner

 I had a great workout this afternoon (details below) and I was so ready for dinner.  This was so good!  I really love this one and order it on a regular basis.  I have a competition with myself to see just how much Chicken, Potato, Gravy and Stuffing I can fit in one bite. ;)

Glasses of water: 9

zumbo tim tam
Raspberry and White Chocolate <3
Additional Items:  Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar)
Adriano Zumbo Tim Tam - Salted Caramel
Adriano Zumbo Tim Tam - Raspberry and White Chocolate

I put in a good workout today and I haven't had a treat the whole time since I started my weight loss journey and this blog, so I decided to treat myself tonight.  I love Adriano Zumbo and his Zumbarons, so I was so excited to find that he had teamed with Tim Tam to create these.  They have been sitting in my cupboard for weeks, first time that has happened, ever!

I decided on the Salted Caramel and Raspberry and White Chocolate Tim Tams (educating myself on the calories first).  I didn't really think much of the Salted Caramel, it just tasted like a Caramel Tim Tam with some salt thrown in but the Raspberry and White Chocolate, I think I'm in love.  ;)  I don't usually like White Chocolate that much but this was divine.  I couldn't have eaten any more though as they were so sweet!

I'm so sorry to do this to you as I know you're probably trying to lose weight too, but they are currently on special at Woolworths for $1.50, now I feel like a drug dealer.  I really think it is important to treat yourself every now and then and I try to have a treat snack or meal and not a whole day, if I can help it.  But I did show restraint as usually I would have eaten half a pack, the big pack, without even thinking twice. 

Exercise: Beginner Strength Training with 3 kg weights.
Workout DVD - 3 Mile Walk with Leslie Sansone with 400 gram weights.


Last time I did this I did ten of each but did the lunges all the way down and my thighs hurt for two days.  I didn't want to write myself off and not be able to exercise the next day so I only did half lunges.  I plan to do this two times a week and gradually build the number from 10 to 15 reps and then increase the weights. 


 This isn't the exact one that I do but all of her workouts are pretty similar.  I did sweat, I did get tired, I was uncomfortable and I wanted to give up about twenty times.  I know that this might not seem much to people but I'm 137 kilograms and just starting out.

polar ft4 workout
Burn Butt, Burn!
This is how much I burned off doing the weight training and the 3 mile walk.  I know that because I am bigger I will burn off more calories so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.  I'm finding it a little difficult to increase the food but I'm getting there gradually.

my fitness pal
My Fitness Pal - My Food & Exercise for the day
I've started entering all my food, exercise and water in to My Fitness Pal (here), so that I can see how many calories I'm consuming and how many I need to eat back once I've burned them off.  It's so helpful! (Feel free to add me). 

You can see that my sugars were a bit high today thanks to the Zumbo Tim Tams but I'm not planning on doing this everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment