Sunday 22 June 2014

My Twenty Kilo Weightloss! - Progress Pictures And A Reward!

lite n easy weightloss
20 kg lighter in 6 months!
You may not be able to see it, but in the first photo my feet were swollen from sitting on my butt all the time feeling sorry for myself.  I also used to hide behind heavy makeup because I thought I needed it, I don't do that anymore because I know I'm beautiful and I don't need heavy makeup to prove it!
The Journey

I can't believe I'm here already!  The first 10 kg seemed to take so long to come off (read about my 10 kilo reward here) and now I'm over 23 kg down! It's because when you keep seeing results it propels you to keep going and pushing yourself that much harder because you no longer think you could possibly do it, you know you can, have and will!

When I started this journey I had no idea the ways it would change my life for the better.  Sure my healthy improved and I shed kilos but I didn't realise with all those kilos I would lose so much pain,  unhappiness and self doubt.  I had no idea I would gain such a positive attitude and outlook, self love, respect, confidence and so quickly.  The outlook you have changes your life so dramatically and I don't regret a single thing that I have done, lost or gained throughout this journey so far.

I also didn't expect to meet so many amazing people and supporters, it's really overwhelming! (in a very good way!)  I know I say this all the time but THANK YOU!  Thank you for all your support, for reading my blog and joining me with this journey, I couldn't have done it without you!

the beauty club review
The Beauty Club 
The Reward

When I first started out I had the reward there as a goal to work towards like a trophy, however, now I just see it as the icing on the cake (don't worry it's calorie free) and the weightloss is more rewarding to me.  I still feel it is important to celebrate your goals, whichever way you chose to do it.  Although I wouldn't recommend celebrating with junk food and alcohol, it will just make you feel worse in the long term and possibly just more to work off.

I really wasn't sure what to get as my "reward" but I had been wanting to try another NARS blush.  I really like them because they are very smooth, pigmented and long lasting.

 I then got an email from The Beauty Club offering a discount in return for a  short survey.  I didn't realise that you didn't have to be a member, you can checkout as a guest and that they had free shipping.  NARS blushes usually go for around $50 in Australia and the Beauty Club price was $38.00, with my discount $33.00 ($3 more than US retail), free shipping and it arrived in two days!  It was also packaged pretty, just like a present.

nars blush australia
NARS Blush - Luster
Isn't it pretty :) 
I chose NARS blush in the colour Luster which is described as a sheer golden apricot.  

nars blush the beauty club
NARS Blush - Luster 
I chose this colour as I don't really have a blush colour like it.

I actually think I have too much makeup and stopped constantly purchasing it a while ago.  I don't need new things to make me happy as I'm already happy and I don't feel like I need all of this stuff.  So I'm actually trying to think of something for my 30 kg weightloss reward that isn't makeup related.  Maybe something that will help me or others on their journey?  

Please leave me some suggestions in the comments below, I would love to hear from you! 

Here's to the next 10 kilos! :)

16 comments:

  1. It is nice to maybe have a pandora bracelot and add a charm representing something about you each 10 kilos. Well done so far and looking awesome. True beauty is inside which you have an you are smashing this weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great idea Renee! How sentimental and meaningful to be remembered every time you look at it! Thank you! That is really lovely of you to say! Glad to have your support. :)

      Delete
  2. Way to go Mel. Truly inspirational, you can see the difference a lot in the side on pic to as your tummy is a lot flatter......keep it up you are doing great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shannon. Yeah I can really notice the difference around my tummy and in my face. The pics aren't the best but you can still see it, in person it's much more noticeable. I'm not giving up! :) You've done amazing too, all the best with your journey!

      Delete
  3. I bet you did a little happy dance after these pics didn't you? :-P You, really do notice it when you compare.. it's so motivating and inspiring, shows that you shouldn't ever give up :-D X

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspired me to also start my weight-loss journey again after I let myself go to ruins....I read your every post so keep going and please post tips on how you keep yourself so motivated. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear Yolande! I'm so happy you have decided to join me! Please let me know how you're going and let me know if I can help. I will try and think of some tips on how I stay motivated and what works for me. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. WOW amazing well done mel you are smashing this and you look fantastic xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie! :) Got a long way to go but I'm not giving up! :)

      Delete
  6. Mixture of Yogurt parsley: Yoghurt have calcium and triggers fat burning, reduces edema, opening circulation and help us to lose weight. If we eat yogurt with mix parsley at night before bedtime, we will accelerate our metabolism that slowed to lose weight.

    Yogurt + oatmeal + walnuts: Oats have fiber that different structure and runs nutritive system on different level. This makes it easy to overcome the problems in the digestive tract. The mix of Walnuts, Yogurt and Oatmeal is the best key to our metabolisms run on maximum level

    Probiotic yogurt with fruit: Probiotic yoghurts with fruit snacks is practical and fun. If We should prefer that have fiber we will also strengthen our immune system.

    Buttermilk: The healthiest drink. When we want to drink a cold drink, buttermilk have incomparably value when compared with sugary carbonated drink. Consume soda + buttermilk is complement to your periods of very intense sweat and lose a lot of water.

    Chocolate Rose 9 - Milk: When possible drink hot is provides a more lasting toughness. The mix with coffee or cacao diversifies flavor and speeds up your metabolism because of the structure have the amount of caffeine.

    Milk + Dark Chocolate: Chocolate make us pleasant happy and accelerate our metabolism. Consume moderate amounts of chocolate with milk rather increases the speed of weight loss.
    10 Healthy Snacks That Do Not Make You Gain Weight

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, and great website. Thanks for the information!
    www.phentermaxx.com/cheap-phentermine/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. Thank you so much.
    weightlosstop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.
    weightloss coach

    ReplyDelete