Sunday 29 June 2014

Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 24 Day 3 - Ham It Up

Week: 24
Day 3 - Friday
27/06/2014
Ham It Up

lite n easy egg
Could you get any more delicious?
Breakfast: Egg and Smokehouse Ham on a toasted Multigrain Muffin
Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar)

So it’s no secret that this breakfast is one of my favourites.  But I was getting a little bored of making it the same way.  I decided to heat the Smokehouse Ham today, I placed it in the microwave (in the plastic with one corner opened slightly, like how you would cook the Bacon) for 1 minute (1200watt).  It shrunk!  This meant it was exactly the same size as the Muffin and how perfect is that?  Plus you don’t have to eat warm Muffin, Egg and cold Ham.  I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before, but I’m totally doing this from now on!

#Tip: I cook the Egg in the microwave and it only takes 1 minute.  Crack the Egg into a microwave safe mug, add 1 Tablespoon of water, whisk (I usually wish for about 1 minute to get as much air as possible) and nuke for 1 minute (1200 watt) done!  Scoop out the Egg with a Fork or a Spoon and layer between the Ham.

lite n easy review
Oh an Orange, how exciting.
Morning Snack: Orange

lite n easy meals
Hmmm...green stuff
Lunch: Indian Chicken Rice
Fruit Salad Cup

Hmmm... I’m really not sure how I feel about this lunch.  It was okay and the sauce on the Chicken was tasty but the green stuff?  I didn't really like the taste of the green stuff (not sure what it is and too lazy to look at ingredients) and it didn't seem to go with the rest of the curry.  I would probably have it again but it’s down the bottom of the list.

lite n easy snack
Mmm toasty
Afternoon Snack: Banana & Apple Bread

I thawed this first and then toasted it. Mmmm warm, yummy and toasty!


lite n easy new dinner
New Dinner!

Oh a new dinner!  I had to check this out.  I was happy to see Noodles on the dinner menu as there are currently no other Noodle dishes on there.  The Noodles were thick (hee hee) and delicious. 

But this dinner left me wanting more, more flavour.  This dinner reminds me of the Stir-Fry Freezer meals, the ones with the veggies and sauce.  It’s nice, I would have it again but I just wanted more flavour from the sauce.  I think this is the “new” Chicken I was talking about in the lunches (post here), it wasn't really coated in the sauce and was a little bland.  I think if the Chicken was marinated in the sauce it may have been better.   

Glasses of water: 5

Exercise: None


lite n easy dry ice
Bubble, bubble, bubble!
Dry Ice Fun :)
In my Lite n' Easy box of goodies, there was some Dry Ice, there usually is but today the packet was torn.  It didn't take more convincing for me to have some fun with it.  I put it in a bowl, poured in some water and enjoyed the show :)

Warning: Dry Ice is extremely cold and should not be handled with bare hands as it will burn your skin.  Please be careful with Dry Ice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment