Tuesday 3 June 2014

Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 20 Day 5 - Cheat Day!

Week 20
Day 5 - Sunday
1/06/2014
Cheat Day!
lite n easy
Blerk Marmalade
Breakfast: Almond Toasted Muesli
Soy & Linseed Toast and Marmalade

I’m really not a fan of Marmalade but I chose this breakfast as the other option was Yoghurt and a piece of Toast which I find isn’t enough for me.  I really love a filling breakfast now, not when I first started Lite n’ Easy though, Cereal and Toast used to be too much and it would make me quite ill as I wasn’t use to it.

weightloss blog
Scones anyone?
Morning Snack: Scone with Strawberry Jam and Cream

This is what happens when you forget your snack ha ha.   No, I had written today off as it was a special event so I didn’t mind.  I’m not counting calories today.  It’s the first cheat day I have had in about five months so don’t judge me! :P

Lunch: An Italian Feast - At Delizioso Restaurant 
Website here

It was my Sister’s Baby Shower and I wasn’t going to not enjoy it with her.  It’s about balance, enjoying yourself, knowing your limits and getting straight back on track.  Today was an amazing food day...oh.... my.....carbs! ;)

weightloss blogger
L to R: Pizza Bread, Crumbed Olives at the back, Bread and more Olives

Entree
Focaccia All'aglio E Rosmarino
Pizza Bread with Garlic and Rosemary

This bread was delicious by itself and lovely with the Hommus and Beetroot Dips.

food blog
L to R: Bread: Hommus, Oil and Aged Balsamic, Beetroot Dip and more Bread

Pane Casareccio
Selection of Breads served with Dips, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Aged Balsamic

I had half of one of the toasted breads, with some dips, as I knew what was coming and didn’t want to fill up too fast.

A selection of hot and cold Olives

I’m not a huge fan of Olives but Crumbed Olives! Pitt yes! They were freaking amazing! Crumbed anything usually is though ;)

weightloss blog
My Little Tasting Plate
Main

I made myself a little tasting plate of everything and kept the serving sizes down.  Before the weightloss I would have piled on a huge plate of everything and gone back countless times until I was so full I’d feel ill.  But not today I tried everything but only a small amount and it was certainly enough to satisfy.  I was full but not to the point where I was rolling out of the restaurant.

food blog
Gnocchi Alla Sorrentina
Gnocchi Alla Sorrentina
Homemade Gnocchi Served with Cherry Tomatoes, Basil and Buffalo Bocconcini

The Gnocchi was so tender! It was delicious and the sauce was rich and sweet.

australian weightloss
Fettuccine Carbonara
Fettuccine Carbonara
Chicken, Bacon, Mushrooms and Egg served in a Traditional Creamy Sauce

This was pretty good but I’m not big on the creamy Carbonaras, I’m more of a Tomato based kind of girl.  This was far too oily and rich for me.

delizioso restaurant
Margarita Pizza
Traditional Italian Pizza
Margarita

The dough was lovely and soft and yet still crispy.  I tried one slice as I wanted to try everything, it was a little oily for me but I haven’t had Pizza in a long time.

Truffle Mashed Potato

Oh my god the Mashed Potato, oh my god.  This stuff was smooooooooth and so creamy!   Butter, Cream, Garlic and I’m sure that there were Potatoes in there somewhere.

Italian Restaurant Brisbane
Rocket, Percorino and Pear Salad and Truffle Mashed Potato
Rocket, Percorino and Pear Salad
Served with a Chardonnay Dressing

Yep, I’ve changed.  There is all this lovely rich carb heavy pasta and I’m over here loving this Salad.  It was delicious, I’m usually not one for Fruit in Salad but the Pear balanced beautifully with the Cheese and dressing.


Dessert
The Cup Cake Taste - Baby Shower Cupcake
Website here

How could I not have one of these, adorable! Oh sweet Candy Mountain! Talk about a sugar overdose!  I haven’t had any real full sugar dessert for about half a year.  This was totally worth it though.  


The cake was really light, fluffy and had a nice chocolate flavour.  Usually I’m not a huge fan of frosting as it’s usually too sweet, thick or artificial tasting but this frosting wasn’t too sweet and it was so light and creamy.  I’d highly recommend these cupcakes! 


Dinner: Chicken Teriyaki (Lunch meal)

I was so full from lunch right up until about 8:30pm.  The food was so rich and carb heavy I got cramps and was really tired.  It really didn’t agree with me and I don’t miss this kind of food but it’s nice to have once in a while.  I decided to have one of my left over lunch meals for dinner as it’s all I felt like. 

I really love this Chicken Teriyaki, the sauce is yummy and sweet, the Chicken is lovely and there is lots of vegetables.

Glasses of water: 6

Additional Items: Diet Coke

Exercise: None


It was a really lovely day and I enjoyed every minute, every mouthful and regretted nothing.  I can’t wait to meet my nephew and be an Aunty J

No comments:

Post a Comment