Wednesday 30 April 2014

Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 15 - A New Chapter

Week 15
A Week In Review
23/04/2014 - 29/04/2014
A New Chapter

I apologise for my absence, but I needed some time.  I was hurt and betrayed in the worst possible way imaginable by the closest person to me of seven years.  I've been through many emotions and been trying to piece my life together.

But something I did not expect was the relief, clarity, positiveness and excitement about the future. I surprised myself with how strong I am and I know that I can do anything.   I know that my decision to improve myself and my weight loss has helped me greatly.  Because it's about more than kilos, it's about self respect and self love.  Something that I haven't really had much of for a long time, if at all.  It's amazing the doors that close and open when you change your life in positive ways.

I want to start by thanking everyone for their kind wishes and concern, it's nice to be missed.  Thank you to all my lovely supporters, you have helped me in more ways than you will ever know.  I'm lucky to have so many amazing people in my life.



Week 15 - Day 1
Wednesday 23/04/2014

So rather than write a weeks worth of individual posts, I'm going to combine them together, I hope you don't mind. 

This day I was pretty busy and was out for most of the day, I had my lunch pretty late in the afternoon.  I have to stop doing that!  I also didn't really have all the snacks I was supposed to.  Got to break these habits!  

I still have the sore throat and sinus but it hasn't eventuated. 



Week 15 - Day 2
Thursday 24/04/2014

I met up with a friend for brunch today, it was a little later and I wasn't totally sure of the calories so I didn't have my morning snack.  I did have a coffee before I left, then a coffee with brunch and then a coke zero.  Don't judge me! ha ha  

So with all of this coffee running around in my system I decided to burn some of it off and cleaned the house while I danced around to some music.  It makes it so much more fun that way.  I had an additional popcorn as an extra snack as I was hungry from burning off all those calories.  I was well under my calorie limit for today though.  

I didn't go under 1200, but I left some excess calories as I knew I didn't count them over Easter and I was hoping this would even it out a bit.


Week 15 - Day 3
Friday 25/04/2014

It was a pretty delicious food day today.  I swapped things around a bit and had the breakfast I was supposed to have yesterday, it's Bacon and Eggs, how could I not?  I had a really great day and I thought things were looking up.  I was in denial and didn't want to face what was really happening. 


Week 15 - Day 4
Saturday 26/04/2014 

Right after breakfast the truth was revealed.  I was so sick I didn't want to eat.  I had to force everything down, well maybe except for the ice cream ;) (Skinny Cow Double Chocolate Sundae)  I knew that if I didn't eat I would feel worse.

I wasn't really tempted to eat anything bad at all.  If anything I was more determined to stay strong, I wasn't going to let someone else's mistakes ruin all my hard work and determination.

I also knew that if I made it through when times are bad, I could do anything.


Week 15 - Day 5
Sunday 27/04/2014

I felt I did a little better today in regards to food.  I ate all my snacks even though I was sick to my stomach.  I also leaned today that anti nausea medication doesn't work when it's caused by stress.  I tried to keep my water levels up this week as much as possible.


Week 15 - Day 6
Monday 28/04/2014

I had more clarity today and was feeling a little better.  I did have a migraine which didn't help things, so I still had to force down my afternoon snack and the dinner, but I got there.  



Week 15 - Day 7
Tuesday 29/04/2014

Finally some space to myself to think.  Today was easier and even though I wasn't starving, I was definitely looking forward to dinner.  I really enjoyed it and didn't have any nausea today thankfully.  

I wasn't going to share this experience or the food for this week but someone close to me reminded me how strong I've been through all of this and that it may inspire others.  No matter what, you can remain strong and get through anything if you put your mind to it.  If you think you can, you can and if you think you can't, you can't.

You just have to know that it is what you need to do and it's what is best for you.  I think that eating crap would have only made me feel worse in the long run.  I'm so proud of myself for remaining strong, not being tempted and being so positive.

I hope this inspires some of you to keep going because you can get through this.  No matter how hard things get or what life throws at you, you can handle it.  Just breathe, take one day at a time and put down that Chocolate Bar! 

Love you all and thank you for all your support.

Mel xxoxx












7 comments:

  1. You are a rock and so proud of you girl. Keep holding that beautiful head high. Good to have you back. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Good to have your support! xxx

      Delete
  2. What a touching message! It’s so amazing that you have a good support base for your fitness goals. I'm always sharing to others that if they want to succeed in their lifestyle change, they should surround themselves with love and happiness. It really helps a lot. You have an amazing journey here, and I'm with your well-wishers in hoping that you succeed in whatever goal you set for yourself. Good luck!

    Ritchie Yip @ InFighting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ritchie! It really is true, I learnt the hard way. You can't have a positive outcome surrounded by negativity and those who don't support you, but drag you down. Your comments really mean a lot! Thank you so much for your well wishes, nothing will stop me! :) Good luck with your journey!

      Delete
  3. Never stop doing what's right for you. Surround yourself with positive people. You are changing your life and that's awesome so keep going for a better you in mind body and spirit. You encourage us with your reviews and I love seeing what's coming next. Do the next right thing and you will get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb! I'm trying to surround myself with as much positiveness as I possibly can. Trying to leave negativity behind, it's a daily battle just like weightloss, but getting there more and more each day. I'm glad you are enjoying being on this journey with me :)

      Delete
  4. Legendary bodybuilding trainer Vince, "The Iron Guru" Gironda was famous for saying, "Bodybuilding is 80% nutrition!" But is this really true or is it just another fitness and bodybuilding myth passed down like gospel without ever being questioned? Which is really more important, nutrition or training? This IS an interesting question and I believe there is a definite answer:
    The first thing I would say is that you cannot separate nutrition and training. The two work together synergistically. Regardless of your goals - gaining muscle, losing fat, athletic conditioning, whatever -you will get less than-optimal or even non-existent results without paying attention paid to both.

    In fact, I like to look at gaining muscle or losing fat in three parts - weight training, cardio training and nutrition - with each part like a leg of a three legged stool. pull ANY one of the legs off the stool, and guess what happens?

    In reality, it's impossible to put a specific percentage on which is more important - how could we possibly know such a number to the digit?

    Nutrition and training are both important, but at certain stages of your training progress, I do believe placing more attention on one component over the other can create larger improvements. Let me explain:

    If you're a beginner and you don't posses nutritional knowledge, then mastering nutrition is far more important than training and should become your number one priority. I say this because improving a poor diet can create rapid, quantum leaps in fat loss and muscle building progress.

    For example, if you've been skipping meals and only eating 2 times per day, jumping your meal frequency up to 5 or 6 smaller meals a day will transform your physique very rapidly.
    Nutrition Or Training - Which Is More Important?

    ReplyDelete