Wednesday 2 April 2014

Healthy Grocery Haul - No Lite n' Easy This Week

healthy haul
Yes, that is TWO jars of Peanut Butter...they were on special, don't judge me!
Ordering Lite n' Easy completely slipped my mind these week, I have no idea how!  I didn't realise until the night before my delivery was due!  I realised and freaked out for all of a second and then I thought "I've got this!"  I've been making my own snacks for the last week and slowly incorporating my own food.  

I've been on Lite n' Easy for almost three months so I definitely know the types of foods and portion sizes.  I do want to go off Lite n' Easy eventually and do it for myself, however, I want to have some solid healthy dinner recipes behind me first.  

Because I didn't have time to plan my dinners I opted for frozen ones and decided to make my own breakfast, snacks and lunches.  I wanted to share it with you all in case the same happens to you, enjoy :)

healthy groceries
Aldi Receipt - *Items blanked out were not part of my groceries

First stop was Aldi because they closed earlier and I wanted to get the bulk of my groceries there as they are cheaper.  Most of their brands/foods are just as good or better than brand names in my opinion but there are exceptions.   I got some pretty awesome prices there. :)


Woolworths Receipt - *Items blanked out where not part of my groceries 
Then off to Woolworths for the rest of the groceries.  

The total was $91.99 for both shops.  I do have two Lite n' Easy dinners left in the freezer and about four lunches.  I got a lot of variety and this stuff is definitely more than a weeks worth of food.  I mean who would go through two jars of Peanut Butter in a week? Okay, that was a bad example ;)

I wasn't too happy about having Lean Cuisine meals almost every night for dinner, there wasn't much variety at Woolies, but it's only for a week, I guess we will see how they go.

I also have some extra items already at home like Bread, Cottage Cheese, Cherry Tomatoes, Yoghurt and Eggs.

In the blog posts to come this week I will be including all the brands/recipes and reviews.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment