Tuesday 1 April 2014

Cookie Rookie - Weight Loss Week Eleven Day Six - Lite and Easy (Lite n' Easy)

Week 11
Day 6 - Monday
31/03/2014 

Cookie Rookie
lite n' easy
Where's the egg?
Breakfast: Smokehouse Ham, melted Cheese and Tomato on a toasted Multigrain Muffin
 *Addition: Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar)

I enjoyed this breakfast but I just really wanted eggs this morning.  That's one of the issues with Lite n' Easy, if you don't feel like something you pretty much have to eat it anyway.

microwave healthy cookie
Sorry, I over nuked you.
Morning Snack: Red Apple
*Addition: 2 x Microwave Oat & Raisin Cookies (Recipe here)

I wanted to squeeze in a workout before lunch so I decided to have something that was filling, had some protein and was also delicious.  I had seen this recipe on YouTube and it sounded so simple I wanted to give it a try.

It was so quick and easy to make, it really was sweet enough from the Banana and they were so filling that I didn't have room for my Apple, so I had it later.

I nuked mine for the full 90 seconds forgetting that it would continue to cook outside of the microwave and over cooked it. :(  It was still good but just dry and a bit hard, next time I will nuke them for 60 seconds (1000 watt microwave) and see how they go.

lite and easy
Broccoli Bake? 

Lunch: Cheesy Chicken & Macaroni Bake
Orange
 *Addition: Half large Banana (left over from the cookie)
Red Apple (that I didn't have for my morning snack)

This was pretty yummy, loved all the veggies in there.  You don't see Broccoli too much in Lite n' Easy, well I don't, so it was nice to have a different vegetable.  It was cheesy but I was expecting more cheesiness, maybe that's due to the 54 Homestyle Macaroni Bake  dinner as that is way cheesy.  

Unfortunately, like the Macaroni Bake, it did have those soggy baked Tomatoes on top *shudders*.  I just have a thing about cooked Tomato on it's own, I just don't like it.

lite n easy
Mmm nuts
Afternoon Snack: Almonds, Pretzels & Peanuts
 *Addition: Orange (from my lunch)

One of my favourite snacks, no surprise there as it has nuts in it, salty, crunchy goodness. (I'm talking about the snack, not nuts...)

liteneasy
Mmm Pasta, Tomato, Cheesy

I don't think I've had this one for a while but I enjoy it.  It's just simple.  I love Tomato based sauces, cheese and pasta and this has them all.  Really nice Tomato based sauce, but it doesn't have any meat so it may not appeal to everyone.

Glasses of water: 8

*Addition: These are items that are not part of the 1200 calorie Lite n' Easy plan.  I have added these to increase my calorie intake from the calories burned off during exercise.  For a more detailed breakdown, please see the My Fitness Pal image at the bottom of this post.

Polar FT4
Who knew I would enjoy exercise?

Exercise: Dancing (More about my Melercise routine here)

I just don't feel right now if I don't get a dance session in everyday, well every weekday at least.  I was getting into the habit of looking at my Polar FT4 watch constantly to see how many calories I burned. I didn't do it at all today and I don't plan to in the future, I find I just enjoy dancing more that way.

What did you enjoy today?

my weight loss food diary
My Food Diary via My Fitness Pal

No comments:

Post a Comment