Saturday 5 April 2014

I Can Has Pizza? - Weight Loss Week Twelve Day Three - Weight Loss Eating Plan

Week 12
Day 3 - Friday
4/03/2014 

I Can Has Pizza?

I forgot to order Lite n' Easy this week so I'm doing it for myself this week. 
You can see my Grocery Haul here.
With the help of My Fitness Pal here.

speedy breakfasts
Healthy, quick and tasty. 
Breakfast: Layered Breakfast
Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar)

Ingredients: 50 grams of  Farmers Union Low Fat Greek Yoghurt (Coles)
30 grams of Coles Smart Buy Rolled Oats (Coles)
50 grams of Sweet Haven Mixed Berries (Aldi)
30 grams of Wholefoods Oh So Natural Nut & Fruit Mix (Aldi)
*This meal cost: $1.64 and would last approximately breakfasts because due to the amount of Berries.

I thought I'd mix things up a bit and do a Layered Breakfast and the best thing is that you can put whatever you like in there (within reason hee hee).

healthy breakfast ideas
Berry Nice!
I can't have too much Yoghurt as it doesn't agree with my tummy but this amount was perfect for me.  I really enjoyed this as something a little different.  This is really quick and easy to prepare, you can even take it with you on the go, or make it up at work.

weight loss blog
Got any Grapes? ;)
Morning Snack: Grapes (1/2 Cup)
 *This amount of Grapes cost: $0.18 and would last approximately 10 servings. 

healthy pizza
Soo good and healthy!
Lunch: Wholemeal Muffin Pizzas

Ingredients: 1 x Tip Top Wholemeal English Muffin (Woolworths)
15 grams of Leggos Pizza Sauce (with Garlic, Onion & Herbs) (Coles)
50 grams (approx 3-4) Cherry Tomatoes (Coles)
20 grams of Berg Sliced Leg Ham (Aldi)
15 grams of Westacre Grated Tasty Cheddar Cheese (Aldi) 
*This meal costs: $1.87 and would last approximately 6 servings as there are 6 Muffins.

If you were trying to save money on groceries and be healthy, you could have sandwiches/wraps everyday but how exciting is that?  

healthy food blog
Cherry Tomatoes Mmm
I've been trying to think of how to have healthy food different ways, with the current groceries I have.  I came up with this quick and delicious treat and I'm so glad I did.

I just toasted the Muffin, spread on the Pizza Sauce, the Ham, Cherry Tomatoes and Cheese.  I nuked it for about 1 minute until the cheese had melted.  This was really tasty!

You can choose your own toppings, it would be a great lunch or snack for kids and adults and was only about 240 calories!

weightloss blog
Little bursts of goodness
1 x California Mandarin (Aldi)
*This Mandarin cost: $0.29.

weight loss blog
Crunchy!
Afternoon Snack: 30 grams of Mixed Rice Crackers (Adli)
*This serve cost: $0.25 and would last approximately 6 serves.

I picked these up because they are a no-brainer snack, but they weren't that tasty.  I have had nicer mixes, they were just a bit plain.  Don't think I will get these again unless I mix them with other things. 

healthy kid treats
Get in ma belly!
Banana Bites 

Ingredients: 1 Cavendish Banana (Aldi)
20 grams of Kraft Peanut Butter No Added Sugar or Salt (Woolworths)
*These bites cost: $0.40 and makes about 7 bites

There is no point in hiding it, I love Banana and Peanut Butter, so why not combine them?  These are a great little sweet and tasty snack and super quick, again this would be a great one for the little ones too.  I know I've been a bit Banana and Peanut Butter heavy,  but I really need to use up my Bananas and it's a great combo.

lean cuisine review
Don't bother with it! 
(Lean Cuisine)
*This meal cost: $6.69

So, so tired of these meals! They are all the same with a few tweaks here and there.  This is even the same Sauce as the Chicken and Sundried Tomato Pasta, how original.  I can't wait for my Lite n' Easy meals next week, don't worry, I have already ordered. ;)

The Pasta looked so dry when it came out and there were only like 10 pieces in there and again a soup-like-sauce.  Snoozefest!

*Total cost for today's portions: $11.32
*These prices are calculated by current costs and specials and calculated per gram or item.
Keep in mind that I'm also consuming about 1500 calories on average due to exercise.

Glasses of water: 8

obese fitness
Keep it going! 
Exercise: Dancing (About my routine here)

A certain someone told me that my butt was firmer tonight ;)  If that's not an incentive to keep dancing, I don't know what is! ha ha ha

weight loss food diary
My Fitness Pal - My Food Diary
With that I'm going to leave you there, me and my firmer butt say farewell! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment