Saturday 5 April 2014

Lite n' Easy Free - Weight Loss Week Twelve Day Two - Weight Loss Eating Plan

Week 12
Day 2 - Thursday
3/04/2014 

Lite n' Easy Free

I forgot to order my Lite n' Easy for this week so I'm doing it for myself this week.  
You can find my grocery haul here.  
With the help of My Fitness Pal here.


Weight loss food journal
Mmm Wild Berry Bites, Mmm Peanut Butter
Breakfast: Berry Wheat Bites and Multigrain Toast with Peanut Butter
Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar)

Ingredients: 35 grams Weet-Bix Wild Berry (These are the Lite n' Easy "Berry Wheat Bites" they have the same ingredients and nutritional information). (Woolworths)
60 ml Paul's Smarter White Milk (Woolworths)
1 x Molenberg 12 Grains & Seeds Multigrain Bread (Coles)
10g Kraft Peanut Butter No Added Sugar Or Salt (Woolworths)
*This meal cost: $0.72 and would last approximately 14 breakfasts due to the amount of cereal

I wanted to keep breakfasts pretty simple, quick, easy and similar to what I would normally have on Lite n' Easy, so that it kind of felt like just another week.  I thought the Weet-Bix Wild Berry cereal was the same as the Lite n' Easy Berry Wheat Bites so it's good to have it confirmed.  

I didn't get much in the way of spreads so Peanut Butter it is, what a shame ;)


healthy food blog
All the Apples in Lite n' Easy and I go and buy Apples for snacks ;)

Morning Snack: Pink Lady Apple (Aldi)
*This Apple cost: $0.88


healthy weightloss blog
Mmm Cottage Cheese and Beetroot
Lunch: Salad Toast Sandwich

Ingredients: 2 x Molenberg 12 Grains & Seeds Multigrain Bread  (Coles)
50 grams Coles Low Fat Creamed Cottage Cheese (Coles)
25 grams Berg Sliced Leg Ham (Aldi)
1/2 Cup Baby Spinach Leaves (Aldi)
22 grams (2) Cherry Tomatoes (Coles)
22 grams (1 slice) New Season Sliced Beetroot (Aldi)
*This meal cost: $1.68 and would last approximately 8 servings due to the amount of Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes

I can't remember the last time I had Cottage Cheese, it has to be years!  I forgot how much I loved the Cottage Cheese/Sliced Beetroot Combo on a Sandwich, YUM! 

I always prefer to toast my bread for Sandwiches for extra crunch, it was really yummy with these fillings.


weightloss blog
Mmmm Yummy!
1 x California Mandarin (Aldi)
*This Mandarin cost: $0.29

These are so tiny.


healthy food ideas
This was so good! 
Afternoon Snack: Brown Rice Crackers and Salsa Dip
Banana & Oat Shake

Ingredients: 30 grams (approx 1 row) Damora Brown-Rice Crackers (Aldi)
50 grams El Tora Medium Salsa Dip Chunky (Aldi)
*This snack cost: $0.67 and would last approximately 3 serves due to the amount of Crackers

Another snack that appears on the Lite n' Easy menu and one of my favourites.  I did have a lot of Crackers here, you can obviously change the calorie amounts by the servings.

These Crackers were really crunchy and salty, I think they would make a healthy alternative when you're craving chips.  The Salsa was yummy and not too spicy, but you really can't go wrong with Salsa.

Shake Ingredients: Half Large Banana (Coles)
20 grams of Kraft Peanut Butter No Added Sugar Or Salt (Woolworths)
30 grams of Coles Smart Buy Rolled Oats (Coles)
100 ml Paul's Smarter White Milk (Woolworths)
1 teaspoon (5ml) Queen Vanilla Extract (Coles) 
*This shake cost: $1.31 and would last approximately 16 serves due to the amount of Peanut Butter


workout snacks
Mmm Breakfasty
I needed to add in some extra calories from my workout (info below) so I thought a shake was a great way to do that as it was pretty late in the afternoon.  I was online trying to find a recipe that didn't have protein powder and that I had the ingredients for but couldn't seem to find what I wanted, so I made my own.

This shake wasn't too bad, not as bad as the salty one from yesterday!  I think I added a tad too much Vanilla Extract but it did bring out the sweetness of the Banana.  Because of the Oats it felt more like a breakfast shake and I think it would be great for that.


lean cuisine review
One lump or two?
Dinner: Chicken Tikka Masala (Lean Cuisine - Woolworths)
 *This meal cost: $6.69

Can we just start by looking at the photo, there are two lumps of Chicken, one on my fork and one on the plate...yep, that's it!  What? Two tiny lumps of Chicken in a dish called "Chicken Tikka Masala", pathetic!  There were tiny Shreds of Chicken here and there but put them all together and they would have only amounted to another tiny piece of Chicken.  The Chicken was really tender if that's any consolation. 

The sauce was nice with a little bit of spiciness, but basically this was like eating sauce and rice and the rice was a little mushy.  Would I buy it again? Definitely not! Would I recommend it to anyone? Absolutely not!

Is it worth complaining about the quality of this meal do you think? Comment and let me know.  I mean the amount of Chicken in there is a joke?  Sometimes I feel like why should I bother complaining but I hate when companies offer low quality products and keep getting away with it.  I think I may have thrown away the packaging but still have proof of purchase.

*Total cost for today's portions: $12.24
*These prices are calculated by current costs and specials and calculated per gram or item. 
Keep in mind that I'm also consuming about 1500 calories on average due to exercise.

Glasses of water: 7


polar ft4 weight loss
Love every minute of it!
Exercise: Dancing (Melercise)

So proud of myself that I have kept up the exercise and it's pretty much everyday, even on weekends!  I'm so much happier and it's not just the exercise, dancing makes me so happy!  How can you not be happy when you're dancing?


my fitness pal
My Fitness Pal - Food Diary

It's not easy finding new healthy meals everyday and balancing it all but I'm enjoying the challenge this week.


portion size
This is the same plate.
Before: Chicken Schnitzel with Chicken Curry Pasta sauce and veggies.
Now: Lite n' Easy Roast Chicken Dinner 

Sometimes on a journey it's hard to see just how far we have come, but I found a photo of the type of dinners I used to eat.  I didn't think my meals were that unhealthy and portion size, what is that? 


No comments:

Post a Comment