Thursday 3 April 2014

No Lite n' Easy For Me! - Weight Loss Week Twelve Day One - Weight Loss Eating Plan

Week 12
Day 1 - Wednesday
2/04/2014
No Lite n' Easy For Me!

I forgot to order my Lite n' Easy for this week so I'm doing it for myself this week.  
You can find my grocery haul here.  
With the help of My Fitness Pal here.


weight loss food blog
McYummy :)

Breakfast: Wholemeal Muffin with Ham, Egg and Cherry Tomato
Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar) 

Ingredients: 1 x Tip Top English Muffin Wholemeal (Woolworths)
25 g Berg Sliced Leg Ham (Aldi)
1 x Extra Large Egg (Coles)
2 x Cherry Tomatoes (Coles)
*This meal cost: $1.70 and would last approximately 6 breakfasts because there are only six Muffins.

I usually review Lite n' Easy food, so I feel a little odd reviewing my own! ha ha ha 
I think the Tip Top Muffins were a little bigger than the Lite n' Easy ones, but I didn't mind ;)
This is one of my favourite Lite n' Easy breakfasts and quite easy to replicate, added in some Cherry Tomatoes for extra yumminess.

lite n' easy at home
Big Banana
Morning Snack: Large Banana ;) (Coles)
*This Banana cost: $0.36 (currently still on special and they are huge!)

Oh Banana how I missed you being on Lite n' Easy!

lite n' easy grocery
It's a Wrap!
Lunch: Pumpkin Harissa Hommus, Ham, Cherry Tomato, Carrot & Baby Spinach Wholegrain Wrap & Grapes

Ingredients: 20g Coles Spicy Roast Pumpkin & Harissa Hommus Dip 
25g Berg Sliced Leg Ham (Aldi)
2 x Cherry Tomatoes (Coles)
Half Carrot Grated (Coles)
1 x Cup Baby Spinach Leaves (Aldi)
1 x Bakers Life Wholegrain Wraps (Aldi)
*This meal cost: $1.42 and would last approximately 8 lunches because of the wraps.

Grapes: 3/4 Cup of Green Seedless Grapes (Aldi)
*This amount of Grapes cost: $0.18 and would last approximately 10 servings.

Lite n' easy groceries
Wrap It Up!
Wraps are another frequent lunch on the LnE menu and easy to do.  
I wanted simple, healthy food that was easy to create.
I realised after that Pumkin dip on a salad wrap is a little odd but it was actually nice, the dip had a bit of a spicy bite to it.  You could add mayo, mustard, salsa, whatever you like.  I just calculated everything in My Fitness Pal before I went ahead and ate anything, planning is key.

I haven't had green Grapes for ages!  These were so sweet and delicious!

forgot to order Lite n' Easy
Fruity and Nutty!
Afternoon Snack: Banana Berry Yoghurt Smoothie and Fruit & Nut Mix

Smoothie: 100g(mls) Farmers Union Light Greek Yoghurt (Coles)
100g Sweet Haven Mixed Frozen Berries (Aldi)

Half Large Banana, sliced (Coles)
*This Smoothie cost: $1.73 and would last 5 serves due to the amount of Berries

Fruit & Nut Mix: 30g Oh So Natural Wholefoods Nut & Fruit Mix (Aldi)
*This amount of mix cost: $0.34 and would last about 11 serves.

I got in some Melercise today so I added a smoothie.  I have included a 1200 calorie plan for today, down the bottom of this post.  I left out the Peanut Butter and Honey as I wanted to keep down my sodium and sugar levels.  The original shake is much better, this was way too salty and needed the sweetness. 

The Nut & Fruit Mix was delicious, I really enjoyed the variety of this one.  It has Cashews, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Walnuts, Raisins, Sultanas, Sunflower Seeds and Pepitas.  I would definitely buy this mix again and it was only $4.00 for 350 grams.

lean cuisine review
Lean Cuisine - Sundried Tomato Chicken with Pasta
Dinner: Sundried Tomato Chicken with Pasta (Lean Cuisine - Woolworths)
*This dinner cost: $6.69

I didn't have time to plan healthy dinner recipes, only realised the night before, so I decided on frozen meals.  Not my first choice but they will do for this week.  I really want to start trying out healthy dinner recipes, so this week has been good as it's helped me realise that.  

I'm not a huge fan of Lean Cuisine or any of these really and I wasn't sure about the Aldi ones.  There really wasn't much to choose from in Woolworths, a few Weight Watches, Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisines.  The didn't have much at all and nothing was on special for the dinner sized meals.  

Lean Cuisine dinners
Is this really Chicken? 
I decided on the Sundried Tomato Chicken as I've had it before and did like it.  The Chicken is a little strange to me, I think they make it into a Chicken Loaf and slice it.  The Chicken is in perfectly shaped, thin pieces and I'm not a huge fan of it. 

The sauce is a creamy Tomato sauce and it is good but runny and just a little on the salty side.  The Pasta was tender but not much variety on the vegetable side with only Peas and some Zucchini.

Is it better than a Lite n' Easy meal? I don't think so.  
I would have it in a pinch but the Lite n' Easy meals seem more substantial and have more variety.  
The Lean Cuisine meals were $6.69 (go on special frequently) and the Lite n' Easy are $11.00 each. 

*The total cost for today's portions = $12.42
*These prices are calculated by current costs and specials and calculated per gram or item.
Keep in mind that I am also consuming about 1500 calories on average due to exercise. 

Glasses of water: 6

Dancercise
Goodbye Blues
Exercise: Dancing (Melercise)

I usually try to exercise about an hour after I eat but today it was about three hours.  I noticed my energy levels depleted earlier and I was starving!

My Fitness Pal
This is an example of a 1200 Calorie diet, you don't have to have Coffee or Coke Zero hee hee. 


My Food Diary
My Fitness Pal - Example of 1200 calories

This is the full calculation of what I ate for the day. 


Weight loss food diary
My Fitness Pal - Example of 1500 calories 
I'm kind of enjoying the challenge of working out what to have every day.  
How do you think you would go? 
Do you do your own meals? I'd love to hear from you :)

7 comments:

  1. You sure do some serious calculations. Congrats on your progress. Not sure how far along you are, wish you had up some pics, but if you want to see mine you can check my page or go to http://extremeweightlost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thank you :) Just to compare this week while I'm not on Lite n' Easy. Thank you so much :) I am on my 12th week and 12kgs lighter :) I will have some progress shots up soon, it's just that my first photo was 4kgs down already and then I took some at 10kgs but it was only 6kgs difference. When I get to 15kg - 20kgs I definitely will. I will check them out, thanks for your encouragement and comment, it means a lot :)

      Delete
  2. Once again a thorough review of your day and very entertaining. I am never bored and love reading every word. Keep it up as you are inspiring plenty. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Renee! :) That is so kind of you! I'm so glad that you enjoy it and don't find it boring! I'm always worried it's not entertaining. I'm glad to hear I'm inspiring people :) It makes me feel like I'm not doing it alone either. Thank you so much for your comment and lovely words. All the best :)

      Delete
  3. Cheese. This is a must have. Don't eat too much of it. But, cheese is the beauty of life. It can make a dull dish come alive.

    Drinks. Always have some drinks on hand. Have some fruit juice, beer and sodas in the ice box. Don't go over board with them, but have a beer from time to time as a treat.

    Fresh ginger. This will keep for a long time in your ice box. Don't cover it or anything like that. Keep it whole in your ice box for best keeping.

    Bread. You should always have some bread on hand. Don't go hog wild here on the carbs. A good sandwich is great from time to time. I would suggest that you find a local bakery and buy your bread there. Don't buy that awful white stuff that has been sitting on the shelf for who knows how long.

    Canned veggies and fruits. When in a pinch, canned is better than none at all. Even though I suggest that you always eat fresh fruits and veggies, you should have some canned ones on hand. How do you know when you will have a craving for corn and not have any fresh on hand? Canned food can last a very long time, so you don't have to eat it right away.

    Pasta. Want a meal in a minute? Pasta is the way to go. It cooks quickly and easily.

    Rice. Same as pasta.
    20 Foods to Lose Unwanted Weight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys just wanted to share my experience with you guys, I followed the instructions on www.howtly.com/how-much-weight-can-you-lose-in-a-month/ and it helped me alot. I lost 30 pounds in 45 days. I highly recommend you guys try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Diet Taps into Innovative Idea to Help Dieters Get Rid Of 20 Pounds in Only 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete