Wednesday 9 April 2014

Knock Out Gnocchi - Weight Loss Week Twelve Day Seven - Weight Loss Eating Plan

Week 12
Day 7 - Tuesday
8/04/2014 

Knock Out Gnocchi

The Week Totals (Including today!)

I wanted to do this first because I know that's why you're all here ;)

Price for the total weeks portions: $72.19
Amount for total groceries you would need to make all of this weeks food: $151.01 
I added up the things I already had, added 2 x 3L of milk as I have coffee everyday and took out some things I didn't use like Mayonnaise and Celery.  

I also added things like a whole bottle of Vanilla Extract for $11, Cinnamon, Baking Powder etc and only used maybe a few teaspoons.  I still have plenty of food left and I could probably make it stretch another week, I would just need dinners.

As I said I'm averaging about 1500 calories per day.  I made sure I had a variety of foods for the blog but if you were doing this for yourself, you could make things stretch more and have sandwiches everyday and the same cereal.

The current price for the 1500 calorie 7 day meal plan is $150.  So I would say it is cheaper to buy it all yourself, considering I still have heaps of food left.  Like Bread, Peanut Butter, Eggs, Cheese, Ham, Tomatoes, Rolled Oats, Grapes, Rice Cakes, Brown Rice Crackers, Cereal, Milk, Mixed Rice Crackers, Nut & Fruit Mix, Baked Beans, Hommus, Yoghurt and more! 

weight loss food blog
Simple and delicious
Breakfast: Baked Beans on Toast
Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar)

Ingredients: 1 Slice Molenberg 12 Grains & Seeds Original Bread (Coles)
100 grams Corale Baked Beans (Aldi)
25 grams Westacre Tasty Shredded Cheese (Adli)
10 grams Farmers Union Light Greek Yoghurt (Coles)
*This breakfast cost: $1.33 and would last approximately 4 serves due to the amount of Baked Beans.

Settled for an old favourite this morning, added a little Yoghurt on top for something different.

healthy snack ideas
Heaven on a Rice Cracker
Morning Snack: Peanut Butter & Raisin Rice Cakes

Ingredients: 2 Pure Harvest Rice Cakes (Aldi)
20 grams Kraft Peanut Butter No Added Sugar Or Salt (Woolworths)
20 grams Just Organic Sun Dried Raisins (Aldi)
*This snack cost: $0.33 and would last approximately 10 serves due to the amount of Rice Cakes. 

OMG! I forgot how good Peanut Butter and Raisins were!  I remember having this as a kid but on Celery, I think they were called Caterpillars.  I was out of Banana so decided on Raisins, this combo is awesome!

pizza quesadilla
Pizza Quesadilla? 
Lunch: Toasted Wrap

Ingredients: 2 x Bakers Life Wholegrain Wraps (Aldi)
20 grams El Tora Medium Chunky Salsa Dip (Aldi)
20 grams Westacre Tasty Shredded Cheese (Aldi)
30 grams Baby Spinach Leaves (Aldi)
10 grams Berg Sliced Leg Ham (Adli)
30 grams Cherry Tomatoes (Coles)
*This lunch cost: $1.69 and would last approximately 4 serves due to the amount of wraps.

Trying to think of a different lunch today and to use up the wraps, I came up with this.  I put one wrap on the sandwich press (mine didn't totally fit but it still worked), put on the fillings and toasted it.  I tasted like a Pizza due to the Salsa, Cheese and Ham.  I guess you could almost call it a Quesadilla, whatever it was, it was delicous!

I know I didn't have an afternoon snack today but honestly I was so full from the lunch! 

weight watchers meals
I'm going to Gnocchi you out!
Dinner: Creamy Tomato Gnochhi (Weight Watchers)
*This meals cost: $4.00 (Coles) Not on special anymore sorry :(

Due to last nights dinner (see here) being so disappointing, I was not expecting much from this dinner.  It was so yummy! The Potato Gnocchi was a good consistency and the Creamy Tomato Sauce was delicious!  I would recommend this!

*Total cost for today's portions: $7.35*These prices are calculated by current costs and specials and calculated per gram or item.Keep in mind that I'm also consuming about 1500 calories on average.

Glasses of water: 6

polar
Sneaky Strength Training
Exercise: Dancing + Strength Training

I realised that I hadn't done any strength training this week so I snuck some in at the end of my routine.


Above is the Strength Training I use.

Weightloss food diary
My Fitness Pal - Food Diary
Did you enjoy taking this non Lite n' Easy journey with me this week?  Have any suggestions?  Have you ever forgotten to order and how did you cope?  

It's been fun sharing my ideas and recipes with you all, but the calculating, calorie counting and weighing everything I put in my mouth... you know what I mean! ;) It all got to me by the end of the week, so happy to be back on Lite n' Easy next week.  

As always, there will still be more recipes to come.

All the best, Mel.


2 comments:

  1. awesome, i have read most of your days for this week and was inspired by some of the meals you put together, like the quesadilla you did today, looked awesome....overall did you weight yourself and find a loss for the week??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon, thanks for reading my blog :) I'm so happy to hear you were inspired and I hope you enjoy the recipes. I lost 0.3kg this week, but I also put on muscle and decreased my body fat percentage, so I'd say that's a fairly successful week. :)

      Delete