Tuesday 1 April 2014

Microwave Trail Mix Cookies - One Minute & Three Ingredients

microwave cookie
3 Ingredients, 1 minute and healthy!
Craving something sweet but don't want all the empty calories and you need it right now?  
Give these simple, healthy cookies a go.  
Do you have one minute to spare?

Ingredients
Half a Large Banana, mashed
Half a Cup of Oats
2 Tablespoons of your mix (I chose Raisins and chopped Peanuts)
You could use your favourite Trail Mix or Chocolate Chips, whatever you like :)

breakfast cookie
So quick and easy!
Method 
Use those muscles of yours and mash that Banana (free stress relief), add in the Oats and mix together, I find it easier to mix it with my hands, clean ones! :)  Then add in your "mix" and mix!  Divide the mixture into half and roll into two balls.  Get a microwave safe plate and put one of the cookie balls on the plate and flatten.  Bake in the microwave for 60 - 90 seconds, depending on your microwave.  I have a 1000 watt microwave and 90 seconds was too long and they came out a bit dry.  It's a bit trial and error, but remember that your cookie will keep cooking after it comes out of the microwave.


microwave cookie calories
Cookie Nutritional Information
This particular cookie is 200 calories per cookie.  The calories will depend on the ingredients you choose.  You can find out the calories by entering it into My Fitness Pal here.

This makes a great quick breakfast or snack as well.  I hope you enjoy! :)

Credit where credit is due, original recipe here: 


2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD I AM MAKING A COOKIE TONIGHT! - EZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you enjoy it Ez :) Just don't make the same mistake I did and over cook them. I nuked them for 90 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave and it was over nuked. Let me know what you think :)

      Delete