Monday 24 March 2014

Date Me Ginger Cookie - Weight Loss Week Ten Day Five - Lite and Easy (Lite n' Easy)

Week 10
Day 5 - Sunday
23/03/2014
australian weight loss blog
I have to have how much for Breakfast?
Breakfast: Honey Muesli Flakes
Soy & Linseed Toast with Strawberry Jam

I thought this was a big breakfast until I saw the breakfast for the 1500 calories!  Holy calories! How am I going to do this next week?

For those who aren't aware, I've decided to increase my food to 1500 calories.  I've already ordered my 1200 calorie meal plan from Lite n' Easy so I will make up the extra 300 calories from food I buy myself.

I also think that this is a great way to get use to the kinds of foods I should buy and exactly what 300 calories looks like. 

I've made this decision based on the fact that I am always tired, I have just been sick and I have no energy to exercise.  So stay tuned for next week! 

lite and easy 2014
I see we meet again, Mr Apple!
Morning Snack: Red Apple

lite n' easy 2014
Let's go for a roll...just a little one.
Lunch: Chicken Breast Fillet with Tomato and Mayonnaise on a Ciabatta Roll
Seasonal Fruit (Fruit Salad Fruit Cup)

I always enjoy the Lite n' Easy breads, no matter how small.  I think it feels like it's packed full of filling more when the roll is this small.

The Chicken has a nice marinade that isn't too strong and it's always good to have some mayonnaise thrown in there.  I would personally like some leafy greens thrown in there like Spinach, Lettuce or Coleslaw.

   Don't get me wrong I don't love Spinach or Lettuce, I just thought it needed something else.

Rant Alert! (If you don't want to read a whine, just skip it!)
How is a Fruit Salad Fruit Cup "seasonal fruit"?  I mentioned this the other week when I had Dried Apricots as "seasonal fruit".  I also had sour grapes, literally, last week.

I decided enough was enough and I was tired of getting crappy fruit so I contacted Lite n' Easy directly on their Facebook page.

letter to Lite n' Easy
My message to Lite n' Easy
I thought I was nice about it but I just got palmed off.  So I guess there is no further improvements being made to the Brisbane or Queensland area any time soon.  I know others haven't had an issue.  I don't think it's fair that I pay the same price and I get Dried Apricots or a Fruit Cup, sour Grapes and powdery Apples while others get fresh Apples, Oranges and Grapes.  
Rant over.

lite n' easy march 2014
Date me Ginger Cookie, date me
Afternoon Snack: Date & Ginger Cookie

Oh my taste buds!  I do not like Ginger or Date by themselves but they combined forces to make this delightful decadence.  It's was soft, sweet, spicy and warm (because I nuked it and it is the only way I have my Lite n' Easy cookies).

I really didn't think I was going to enjoy this at all but I think it's one of my new cookie favorites.  I love the Muesli Cookies but they are so tiny, this is a standard sized cookie so it doesn't feel like you've just eaten nothing.

lite n' easy review
Would you like some Sausage?
Dinner:  50 Sausages with Onion Gravy

 I know that I've had this recently but I place my orders really early so that I don't forget to and I forget what I ordered so I end up with the same meals.  

I really enjoy this as I see Sausages as a "naughty" food...no, not in that way, I mean calorie/fat wise.  So I kind of feel like I'm cheating on my diet calorie controlled meal plan when I have this.  

 The sausages are quite small but I'm never hungry after this meal and the gravy is tasty.  I  also added some oven roasted corn. 

OMG! I ate the Pumpkin! Can you believe it? I usually toss it away as it's tasteless slush, but tonight it was good!

Glasses of water: 7

Additional Items: Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar) 

Exercise: None (Fail Noise: Whomp Whomp) :(

I have more energy than I have in the last two weeks but I'm still not 100% so I don't want to make myself worse by exercising just yet. 

I can't wait to plan out my snacks (I know, I'm boring) and exercise next week.  Hopefully it all goes well!

How are you going this week?  Leave me a comment, I'd love to know :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie. Just wondering, have you been on the 1200 calories for your whole 10 weeks of yor weight loss? I'm thinking of joining and not sure which plan is right for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Annelle, yes I have been on the 1200 calories the whole time. What I didn't realise is that you have to eat back the calories you have burned off during exercise so I was going way under 1200 which isn't healthy as it's the minimum women should have. Lite n' Easy have a section that you can complete to find the right calories for you so I would follow what they suggest and do what feels right for you. Let me know how you go :)

      Delete
  2. You have designed your blog very well.
    I'm very much impressed with your article.

    kimera

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very much impressed when I've come across into your blog.
    There are lot of tips in your article. Your every post are informative
    and relevant.

    Goji Berry Magro

    ReplyDelete