Wednesday 26 March 2014

My New Workout Buddy - Weight Loss Week Ten Day Seven - Lite and Easy (Lite n' Easy)

Week 10
Day 7 - Tuesday
25/03/2014

weight loss meal plan
Making my own breakfast
Breakfast: Smokehouse Ham and Egg on a Toasted Multigrain Muffin
Weet - Bix & Multigrain Toast with Peanut Butter

I would have preferred to have Ham and Egg on a Muffin but the Egg was broken, yet again :(  They really need to fix this as this has happened, to me and others, so many times.  They do put the Egg in a plastic container but the plastic is really flimsy so it doesn't do much at all. 

I couldn't be bothered with figuring out how many calories in an Egg and then what to replace it with, so I scratched the whole thing and started over. 

I ended up having one and a half Weet-Bix (this seemed to be about the same amount as the Lite n' Easy cereals) and a slice of Wholemeal Toast with about 10 grams of Peanut Butter.   I'm lucky I had these foods at home though.  It does get me use to preparing my own breakfasts, the quantity and the types of food.

lite n' easy 2014
This is a snack?
Morning Snack: Dried Apricots

I do enjoy these but to me five dried Apricots doesn't make much of a snack.

weight loss food blog
Good to have some variety
Lunch: Cheese, Tomato and Caramelised Onion Multigrain Sandwich
Kiwifruit

The other choice for lunch today was the Roast Chicken Linguini but I have had it before and wasn't too impressed with the quality of the Chicken, so I decided on this.  

It might seem boring but it's nice to have just a sandwich for lunch sometimes and break it up a little.  I toasted it as I have a thing for melted cheese and it's more enjoyable than defrosted bread. I do like the Caramelised Onion as it gives it a sweet flavour and otherwise it would just be a Cheese and Tomato sandwich. 

I'm not a Kiwi fruit fan but I eat them anyway.

healthy snacks
Munch, munch, munch... This is a snack! :)
Afternoon Snack: Popcorn

You can't go wrong with this snack, so good, even though it's not smothered in butter and flavourings.

lite and easy dinners
One of my favourites
Dinner: 72 Spinach & Ricotta Tortellini

A favourite of mine that I constantly order.  It doesn't have any meat, but I don't think it needs it.  I enjoy the taste and consistency of the pasta and the sauce is creamy.

Glasses of water: 7

Additional Items: Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar)


Exercise: Workout DVD - 1 Mile Walk with Leslie Sansone with 400 gram weights for the upper body sections. 

While I can't find the exact walk I did, there is a similar one on Youtube for you below.


1 Mile Walk with Leslie Sansone on YouTube

weight loss blog
Burn it off - Polar FT4
I ordered the Polar FT4 heart rate monitor watch and got sick soon after it arrived.  I have been waiting to exercise and use it for two weeks while I recovered.  It was like eternity not to be able to play with my new shiny toy. 

I purchased mine from Polar World (here) for $99 with free shipping.  I think there is cheaper online but I wanted to buy it direct from Polar and have the warranty and I believe they are around $140 in stores. 

exercise meme
Image source: memegenerator.com
I have been so run down this is how I felt after exercising!  But I didn't want to push myself too hard as I'd only just recovered.  I found that wearing the heart rate monitor I did push myself a little more, I would see my heart rate dropping and increase the intensity.

I didn't realise that I would burn so much, I thought it would only be about 100 calories or so, I was wrong.

Eating back the calories
I know I've said it before but it's important to eat the calories you burn off during exercise and it's really important not to go under 1200 calories as this is the minimum for women. 

 I did my exercise in the afternoon and wasn't expecting to burn off this many calories!  200 calories is a lot to eat in one sitting!  This is not my plan going forward, I want to spread out the calories during the day so it's not so much.  I couldn't eat all of this but I gave it a good go. ;)

What is your favourite workout? I'd love to hear from you :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your heart monitor watch! How have you found it? Does it work for all exercises or just walking?
    I really love doing Zumba! such fun to do, never feels like a workout.. Am also trying to get into running at the moment. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love it. It works for any exercise you do.

      You could definitely wear it for Zumba and running.

      Delete