Friday 28 March 2014

Crackers And Cheese Yes Please - Weight Loss Week Eleven Day Two - Lite and Easy (Lite n' Easy)

Week 11
Day 2 - Thursday
27/03/2014
lite n' easy 2014
Mmm ugly tomatoes
Breakfast: Bacon, Egg and Roasted Tomato with Multigrain Toast
*Addition: Molenberg 12 Grain & Seed Toast
 *Addition: Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar) 

I turned my nose up for ages at the Roasted Tomatoes because they don't look that appealing, but they are so yummy.  The Roasted Tomato together with the Egg and Bacon pairs together really well, yet another delicious breakfast.

weight loss blog 2014
How many Doctors do you think I keep away with all these Apples? 
Morning Snack: Two Fruits Fruit Cup
*Addition: Red Apple

The Apple was lovely and fresh again.

lite and easy 2014
Meat blob?
Lunch: Greek Meatballs with Salad and Cucumber Raita in a Wrap and an Orange
*Addition: Macadamia & Tropical Fruit Mix

I don't know what happened to my Meatballs but when I opened them they had all joined together to create some kind of meaty blob, ha ha yeah that's enticing isn't it.  Once I heated them up and combined all the ingredients together it wasn't so bad, I liked the Cucumber Raita with it.  That's probably because it covered up the taste of the meat though, it's not my favourite.

There was ONE Macadamia in my Macadamia & Tropical Fruit Mix, more like "Tropical Fruit & Almond Mix, Featuring A Macadamia" ha ha.  I had this left over snack from one of my lunches when I ate out.  I need to go grocery shopping!

lite and easy blog
Yum!
Afternoon Snack: Lavosh Crackers and Cheese
 *Addition: Fruit Salad Fruit Cup

Crackers and Cheese? Yes please!  This has always been one of my favourite snacks, I used to eat a much bigger portion though and more than likely with some wine. ;)

Lite and easy dinner
Veggies?
Dinner: 01 Spaghetti Bolognaise

I have been entering my food for the day in My Fitness Pal (here) and I was originally going to have the 68 Fettucine Provincale  but my sodium levels were already high for the day and the Fettucine had more salt than the Bolognaise, what?  I thought that was strange, but it is true.

I do enjoy this Bolognaise but I wish it was a little more than just pasta, meat and cheese. I wish there was some Capsicum or other vegetables in there, just to mix things up.

Glasses of water: 8

*Addition: These are items that are not part of the 1200 calorie Lite n' Easy plan.  I have added these to increase my calorie intake from the calories burned off during exercise.  For a more detailed breakdown, please see the My Fitness Pal image at the bottom of this post.
Dancing off calories
Shake that butt

Exercise: Dancing (Melercise)

I love dancing and I always have, the workout dvds are okay but I don't really find them fun.  I little while ago I compiled some of my favourite dance music (anything that would make my shake my butt) into about an hour long session.  I started with a slower song, gradually increasing pace, I include 400 gram weights for about 10-15 minutes and then slowly bringing the pace back down again.  At the end I have a slower song where I stretch out my muscles, shoulders and do a calf stretch.  I called this "Melercise" because that's the kind of loser I am! Ha ha 

I really enjoyed it.  I think that is the key, if you can find an exercise that you enjoy, you are far more likely to stick to it.  I did get tired near the start but I kept pushing and then towards the middle something magical happened (don't worry I wasn't high or imagining things from lack of oxygen, water or food).  I had this huge burst of energy from no where, I was so happy and I found it so easy to push through.

An adrenaline rush had never happened to me before, I have heard of it but thought it was a myth, just something that trainers tell people to make them work harder ha ha, but it's true.  How do you know until you push yourself? Now I sound like a trainer! Ha ha 

Food Diary
My Food Diary for the day
You can see I was under for my calorie intake today (I know that the Multigrain Toast says (1), but I put two servings in).  I try to eat them back as much as I can but it's so much food.  I am certainly hungrier and enjoying my meals more after exercising.  My sodium was a little high today so I didn't want to add more.

How are you doing? I'd love to hear from you :)  
Comment below, send me a message on Facebook or shoot me an email, whichever you prefer.


2 comments:

  1. your breakfasts always look so yum! Much more enticing than my weetbix with low fat milk.. lol another great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Miranda :) I'm trying to add new things to my breakfasts so I might have some new recipes to try and save you from your Weet Bix ha ha. Thank you so much! It means a lot :)

      Delete