Saturday 8 February 2014

Weightloss Week Four Day Three Lite and Easy (Lite n' Easy)

Day 3 - Friday
7/02/2014
lite n easy
Lite n' Easy Morning to Afternoon
Breakfast: Nut Cluster Crunch with skim milk Wholegrain & Oat Toast with Strawberry Jam

Morning Snack: Red Apple

Lunch: Smoked Beef, Fruit Chutney and Baby Leaf Salad Multigrain Sandwich Seasonal Fruit (Grapes)

I thought I was going to hate this, it just didn’t sound appealing, but I actually liked it.  It’s not my first pick out of the lunch choices but it’s not the worst.  I toasted the bread and the fruit chutney actually worked with it, to my surprise.  The tomato was a little sad. 

The grapes had a best before for the next day again and I couldn't even finish them because they were so overripe. :(  Lite n' Easy have said that they are going to fix the problems with the fruit & veg suppliers, I just hope that we don't have to pay extra for the privilege as they should have been providing quality all along.

Rainbow Beef
The perplexing iridescent roast beef
I really never eat smoked beef, especially sliced and on sandwiches.  When I put it on my sandwich I noticed an iridescent sheen and I was quite perplexed.  Was the meat oily or slimy? Had I stumbled on to some kind of magic meat or sliced unicorn?  So I googled it to find that it perplexes many and it is completely normal.  It’s to do with the meat tissue, how it’s sliced and there is an article here.

Afternoon Snack: Rosemary & Rock Salt Crackers

Really enjoy these for a snack, much better than dried apricots.

lite n easy steak
Lite n' Easy Dinner - Chargrilled Steak & Mushroom Sauce

Dinner: Chargrilled Steak & Mushroom Sauce (#189)

I really enjoy the Light n’ Easy steaks, surprisingly good for something that is cooked in the microwave!  I prefer this one over the Chargrilled Steak with Pepper Sauce (#188), because I like the mushroom sauce better and the veggies.

I was reading on the pack that medium cooked steak is eight minutes and well done is longer, ten minutes I think.  I never noticed that before and I was thinking that if you have it on longer, wouldn’t the veggies be on longer and perhaps dry out?  I like my steak medium anyway but I’m just curious. 

Anyone experimented with this before?

Glasses of water: 9

Additional Items: 2 x Homemade Chai Tea Lattes (skim milk 1tsp of sugar & 1tsp of honey in each)

Exercise: Exercise: 20 mins 1 mile walk Leslie Sansone (Can't find exact copy but there is a similar Youtube version here). (I use soup cans as light weights for upper body sections).


No wheezing today, must have been a once off strange thing. 

How is your weight loss going?  Are you enjoying Lite n' Easy? 

3 comments:

  1. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work.
    Customerhealthguide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Nice stuff, do keep me posted when you post again something like this!
    Expertratedreviews

    ReplyDelete