Thursday 13 February 2014

Weightloss Week Five Day Two Lite and Easy (Lite n' Easy)

 Week 5
Day 2 - Thursday
13/02/2014

lite n easy
Lite n' Easy Morning to Afternoon

Breakfast: Eggs Benedict (Free Range Egg, Bacon, Hollandaise Sauce and Baby Spinach on Ciabatta Toast)

Love this breakfast!  I don't like to spend much time making breakfast, like most people I'm sure.  I cook the bacon in the microwave, then while the toast is on I put the egg in a microwave safe cup with one tablespoon of water, whisk and put it on for one minute (1000w microwave).  I then heat the spinach for ten seconds and put it all together, so this breakfast takes about three minutes to prepare.

Morning Snack: Red Apple Banana

I had one Banana left and it was going a slightly brown so I figured today was the last day I could have it.  Seriously considering getting more, I have been really enjoying something different fruit wise.

Lunch: Beef Rissoles with Walnut & Apple Coleslaw
Peaches & Apricots

I don't really enjoy this lunch, the meat taste nice but I'm just not a big fan of coleslaw, especially when it's apple and walnut.  I didn't eat half of it today.  

The peaches and apricots aren't much better either, I just don't like them this way.

Afternoon Snack: Lavosh Crackers and Cheese

Love having crackers and cheese as an afternoon snack.  So yummy.

liteneasy
Lite n' Easy Dinner: Porcupines
Dinner: Porcupines (#121)

I was thinking that the meatballs (porcupines) would taste like the yummy meatballs in the Rigatoni (reviewed here) but it was bland.  There was also rice mixed in with the meat which was unexpected.  The tomato sauce is lovely and full of flavour, so because the meat was covered in the sauce it didn't matter as much that it was bland.  I would order this meal again.

low fat dessert
Skinny Cow - Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich

Dessert: Skinny Cow Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich

It's been five weeks without anything sweet, no dessert and I had a really big craving for something sweet.  I didn't want to have something I would regret so I got some of these Skinny Cow (website here) Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches.  They are 150 calories and 2 grams of fat, I think the sugar is a bit high but they have better figures and flavour than the weight watchers sundaes.

The whole Skinny Cow range is on special at Coles (here) for $5.00, normally $8.30.  I have tried the sundaes as well and they are great too.  I love the caramel and double chocolate ones.

Glasses of water: 5

I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not having much water today, it's a constant battle.

Additional Items:  Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, 2 sugars)
 Sprite Zero 200ml


Exercise: None

I woke up with a migraine, a saw jaw and nauseous.  I get this frequently from the Chiari Malformation (discussed more here).  I felt ill all day so I couldn't even do an afternoon session.  I don't get down on myself for not exercising, I just hope the next day I'll be well enough.  If I'm not exercising because I'm being lazy, that's a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment