Monday 10 February 2014

Weightloss Week Four Day Five Lite and Easy (Lite n' Easy) - Eating Out When Losing Weight


Day 5 - Sunday
9/02/2014
lite n easy
Lite n' Easy Morning to Afternoon
Breakfast: Berry Wheat Bites Wholegrain & Oat Toast with Honey
Love the berry wheat bites, I had them for breakfast even before I started on LnE.

Morning Snack: Peach Fruit Cup

Lunch: Corned Beef and Mustard Relish Wholegrain & Oat Sandwich and a Green Apple

I don’t know why I ordered so many sandwiches this week? Perhaps I was sick of all the salads.  I don’t know if I should be having this much bread, it’s the third sandwich this week, thoughts anyone?

Afternoon Snack: Walnut & Date Cake

weightloss restaurant tip
Dinner - 200g Eye Fillet Steak, no dressing, no sauce, no butter, no drama

Dinner: Restaurant Food – Alexandra Hills Hotel - 200g Eye Fillet Steak with Salad, no fries and a serve of veggies.  Menu (here)

This wasn’t a planned dinner and this was a good menu to test me as pretty much everything on the menu contained cheese, bacon, double cream, cream, butter, dressing, mayonnaise, aioli, fries etc etc.

Even the dinner I ordered came served with a dressed garden salad, beer battered fries and a choice of steak sauce with no option of vegetables at all.  I ordered it without dressing on the salad, no steak sauce and asked to swap the vegetables instead of fries. 

They told me it would cost extra for the vegetables, can you believe that?  So I’m ordering the meal without dressing, without sauce and without fries and still have to pay the same price and have to pay $6.00 on top of that for vegetables.  I also had to order the vegetables without butter as they are normally smothered in butter.

It was really nice though and I really did enjoy the fresh vegetables for a change, instead of frozen Lite n’ Easy ones.  As soon as I tried the steak I could taste salt and butter so I knew that was not going to be low fat. 

eating out on a diet
My sad attempt to finish dinner
I surprised myself though, I wasn’t tempted just determined to find something healthy.  I knew the steak wasn’t low fat so I filled up on all the vegetables and I was surprised that I couldn’t even finish the steak, I didn’t even eat half of it.  I couldn’t even eat the salad I was so full.

Normally I would have no problem finishing that steak and a bowl of fries covered in aioli and probably still be hungry and have desert after.

Glasses of water: 7

Additional Items:  Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, 2 sugars)

Exercise: None

How is your weight loss journey going?  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment