Wednesday 16 July 2014

Tips For Snacking - Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 26 - Day 6

Week: 26
Day 6 - Monday
14/07/2014
Tips For Snacking
lite n' easy omelette
Don't worry, those white blobs are Egg white :)
Breakfast: Fresh Omelette (Two Eggs, Ham & Tomato Mix and Cheese) 

I decided to cook the Omelette the way that Lite n’ Easy suggested in the microwave.  I didn’t have a 20cm bowl, so I just cracked the Eggs, added 1 tablespoon of water, whisked it and put it on a plate.  It cooked pretty well and then I heated the Ham & Tomato Mix and after 30 seconds added the Cheese and put it back in for 30 seconds (Ln’E recommend 1:30min total and I think that is too much).


microwave omelette
Turned out pretty good
I had to get a spatula under the Egg to loosen it a bit from the plate and then it folded over really easily. It turned out pretty well for a microwave Omelette I think, however, I think next time I will just cook the Egg how I usually do and top it with the mix because it’s less fiddly.

weightloss measuring
Turns out 50g (50ml) for a single shot
I wanted to be accurate when logging my food into My Fitness Pal, so I put the digital scales under my Coffee machine this morning to have an exact measurement.  The things we do for weightloss ha ha. 

Morning Snack: Red Apple

lite n' easy turkey roll
I'd be happy with this lunch in my lunchbox
Lunch: Sliced Turkey, Salad and Cranberry Sauce on a Ciabatta Roll
Green Apple
*Addition: Banana
Roasted Almonds

I toasted the Ciabatta Roll in the toaster and it was lovely and crunchy.  Unfortunately I couldn’t heat the filling as salad doesn’t heat too well :(

I’m not a fan of Green Apples so I traded it for a Banana and had the Roasted Almonds with lunch, instead of an afternoon snack, to increase my calorie intake.

lite n' easy corn & parmesan muffin
Oh yep, there is a tiny speck of Ham there ha ha
Afternoon Snack: Corn & Parmesan Muffin
*Addition: Cheerios Cereal 30g (Dry)

I decided on the Corn & Parmesan Muffin as it didn’t have much sugar and I need to watch my intake as far as My Fitness Pal is concerned.  I love these savoury Muffins.

snacking right
Munch, munch, munch
You know that I love dry Cereal as a snack so when I opened the box I decided to weigh out 30gram portions, separate them into snap lock bags and write the calories on them.  This way you don’t have to measure it out each time you want to have it for breakfast or a snack.  This also stops you eating more than you should as it’s already there in a convenient bag and you don’t have to think about it. 

how to snack
All ready for me to snack on later! Future me will love it :)
This is also great if you want to take it on the go or for when you’re wanting an extra snack but you’re too tired to weigh something out and look up the calories etc.  Being organised and prepared is key I’ve found.  I put them all back in the box so I have the expiry date and the nutritional information there if I want more or less at some stage.  You could also do this but throw away the box, put them in a container and label it with extra details like the expiry, sugar, fat etc etc.

You could do this with any snack like a bag of chips or dried fruit, anything.

lite n' easy chicken dijon
Yummy

Another great Lite n’ Easy dinner that stays consistent.  The sauce is creamy, cheesy and with a slight mustard tang, it’s delicious.  The Chicken in this one is decent and I don’t think I’ve had problems with the meat in this. 

Glasses of water: 8

*Addition: These are items that are not part of the 1200 calorie Lite n’ Easy plan.  I have added these to increase my calorie intake from the calories burned off during exercise and to have a base, on average, of 1500 calories.  For a more detailed breakdown, please see the My Fitness Pal image at the bottom of this post.

obese exercise
Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor 
Exercise: Dancing and Strength Training

I was feeling pretty good today so I got about 30 minutes of dancing done, into a stretch and then some strength training.  I usually do an hour session with dancing but I figure if I could do around 20 – 30 minutes but really try and push myself and get the heart rate up, it would be just as beneficial.  Sometimes I may do longer sessions but I think work smarter, not harder, right?


weightloss food diary
My Fitness Pal - Food Diary


No comments:

Post a Comment