Friday 18 July 2014

How Much Fat? - Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 27 - Day 1

Week: 27
Day 1 - Wednesday
16/07/2014
How Much Fat?
mayvers dark chocolate
Mmm yummy
Breakfast: Fruity Almond Crunch
Soy & Linseed Toast with Strawberry Jam
*Addition: Multigrain Muffin with Mayver’s Dark Chocolate Super Spread

I traded the Toast for a Muffin and decided on the Mayver’s Dark Chocolate Spread that I had been meaning to try.  Oh my! It’s delicious! It’s sweet but not sugary, you can taste the Chocolate and the Hazelnuts.  It’s no Nutella but if Nutella had an all natural, crunchy, granola loving distant relative, this spread would be it.   

I had already eaten one half of the Muffin when I put the details in My Fitness Pal and noticed the Fat section go way over. What?  For 20 grams of this stuff was 100 grams of fat.. hang on that can’t be right.  Ha ha it took me a little bit to realise that it had been entered into My Fitness Pal incorrectly.  *Face palm* DUH! It actually has the same grams of fat as the Mayver’s Peanut Cacao Spread.  I really like the Dark Chocolate one better and it only has 20 more calories and 1 gram more sugar! Sweet! ;)


mayvers dark chocolate spread review
Mayver's Dark Chocolate Spread before and after mixing
Because the spread doesn't have any additives or nasties, it can separate and become quite oily at the top, once you mix it through, it's fine. It doesn’t have any trans fat, it’s all natural fat.  The ingredients are just Chia, Sesame, Chocolate & Nuts and no added oil, sugar, salt or preservatives and they are an Australian company which I think is great.

Morning Snack: Mandarin

lite n' easy spag bog
Mmm bog for lunch ;)
Lunch: Spaghetti Bolognaise
Red Apple
*Addition: Larabar Mini – Cashew Cookie

The Bolognaise is always good and I’m always happy to have it as a warm, filling lunch.

larabar australia
Not my fave...
The Larabar Cashew Cookie was a bit on the soggy side, it’s because of all the oil from the nuts.  I mostly tasted Dates with a slight taste of Cashew.  They are okay but these are my least favourite of all the varieties I’ve tried so far.  The Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip ones are my favourite. Are you surprised?

Afternoon Snack: Choc Berry Fusion
*Addition: Real Foods Multigrain Corn Thins x 2
Mayver’s Peanut Cacao Spread

I decided not to have the Choc Berry Fusion from Lite n’ Easy as my sugar intake, as far as My Fitness Pal is concerned, was a little high.  I don’t take these limits as gospel, merely suggestions but I have noticed that I’m thinking a lot more about my snacking. 

When it looks like I’m a little high in the sugar, sodium or carbohydrates I start thinking about what foods I can have instead.  I think it’s a great way to think about your food a little more and it helps me think outside of the box a little too.

lite n' easy sausages
Mmm Sausage...

I think that it’s great that you can have Sausages on Lite n’ Easy.  I really enjoy them (ha ha not like that! You know what I mean!) even though they are a little on the small side. (I’m just going to stop now!)  What I’m trying to say is that I haven’t noticed any gristle in the Sausage meat and they are tasty.  ;)

lite n easy dinners review
No gristle
Glasses of water: 6

*Addition: These are items that are not part of the 1200 calorie Lite n’ Easy plan.  I have added these to increase my calorie intake from the calories burned off during exercise and to have a base, on average, of 1500 calories.  For a more detailed breakdown, please see the My Fitness Pal image at the bottom of this post.

Exercise: None

Unfortunately I was wiped out a few hours in the morning and my energy never recovered.  But there is always tomorrow! :)

thoughtful gifts
So pretty! I also got to use my Owly vase :)
I did get a nice surprise today, a member of my family visited and brought me this lovely bunch of flowers.  Sometimes it’s the little things can brighten your day and they certainly made me smile even when I wasn’t feeling my best.

my fitness pal
My Fitness Pal - Food Diary

How was your day?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie,

    First off, I love your blog. I started L'n'E this week. I have around 50kg to lose to be in my happy place, and like you I am battling with an illness that makes me feel icky all the time (mine is rheumatoid arthritis).
    Anyway - your reviews and tips are fantastic. I'm a little sad actually because i binge read your blog in a day and now I have to wait 24 whole hours for the next update.
    I was hoping to trade tips with you ;-)
    You mentioned that you don't stir the yoghurt because it curdles. I have been a fan of pot set yoghurt for years and found the tip is to stir it quite vigorously for a while, like you would to thicken cream. It look like it curdles as the liquid on top gets mixed in, and then smooths out to a nice creamy consistency. I've been doing this with the L'n'E yoghurt and it works great.
    What do you think of the turkey? I've tried a few other blogs about L'n'E who all say that the turkey tastes terrible, but you seem to enjoy it?
    Thanks heaps.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea!

      Thank you so much! I'm so happy you enjoy it!

      Sorry to hear that you are battling an illness too, it makes weightloss that much harder but we can do it!

      Thank you so much! I'm sorry I have been a bit behind this week, damn life keeps getting in the way ;)

      Oh thanks for the tip! I will have to use my muscles on the yoghurt next time! If you have any other tips, keep them coming! :)

      The Turkey dinner is okay, the Turkey lunch meat is a bit meh. I haven't had the Turkey dinner for quite a while though, so it's hard to remember! ha ha My favourite roast is the Chicken, much better than the Turkey.

      All the best with your weightloss and rheumatoid arthritis. I hope you enjoy Lite n' Easy and I'd love to hear how you are doing :)


      Delete
  2. Did you know you can shorten your urls with AdFly and make money for every visitor to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete