Sunday 6 July 2014

Compliments To The Chef's Salad - Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 25 Day 4

Week: 25
Day 3 - Friday
5/07/2014
Compliments To The Chef’s Salad

lite n' easy food
Huge Breakfast to start the day!
Breakfast: Cheese and Tomato toasted
Multigrain Sandwich
*Addition: Fruit & Bran Cereal
Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar)

A HUGE breakfast I know!  But I figure it’s best to eat a lot in the morning because you’re far more likely to burn it off during the day than at night.  It was hard for me to re train my body to eat more, well anything, in the morning and stop having dessert and snacking after dinner.  It is really tough at first and I did feel like being sick in the morning for about a week but you will get use to it, I promise.


lite n' easy food
Sigh...
Morning Snack: Mandarin

I was so happy to see Mandarins on the Lite n’ Easy menu, but these really aren’t that nice. L

Lunch: Chef’s Salad topped with Sautéed Potato & Bacon and Vinaigrette
Fruit Salad (Rockmelon, Honeydew & Pineapple)
*Addition: Classic Choc & Oats Bar

lite n' easy salad
Potato, Bacon & Egg? Is this a Salad?
Potato, Bacon and Egg in a Salad? Sounds like my kind of Salad! ;)
This was delicious!  I know it’s a great Salad when I finish it without screwing my face up and struggling through it like I do with most Salads.
I didn’t even find it strange to eat this during winter because the Potato and Bacon are heated, yum!

Parsley Meme created with memegenerator.net
Although there were a few things I wasn’t a huge fan of, I loved it overall and I’m just nitpicking now.  I didn’t like the Parsley in it, I just don’t see the point of Parsley?  My sister will probably kill me for this... but when we were younger and out to dinner she asked me what was with the stuff on the top (it was a parsley garnish, it was a popular garnish years ago, but it’s not so common anymore), I said “Oh, it’s really yummy, you have to eat it!” She did and spat it out ha ha ha

lite n' easy review
Why were they there?
I thought that the Almond slivers were a little odd and I was surprised to see the Vinaigrette with this Salad, I would have thought that a light, creamy (hee hee) dressing would have worked better.  Don’t get me wrong, I still loved it!

lite n' easy snacks
Explains how I feel about the Lite n' Easy Classic Choc Oats Bars :)
Image source: Pinterest
Oh my god, the Choc Oats Bars, the Choc Oats Bars, oh my God. ;)

lite n' easy food review
Drooooooool
Afternoon Snack: Tomato Bruschetta on Ciabatta Toast

Hands down one of my favourite snacks from Lite n’ Easy.  I like heating up the Tomato in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds (1200 watt) so it’s all warm... mmmm...warm.  Are you surprised that I topped it with fresh Garlic Chives? No, neither am I. ;)

weightloss snacks
Nom Nom NOM!
*Addition: Banana PB Bites

One of the best flavour combinations, in my opinion and I love how easy these are and that you don’t need any carbs to make them.  They are simple, quick and a yummy way to increase protein.

lite n' easy dinners
Yes, yes and YES!

How good does that Chicken look? I love this dinner and I never get sick of it.  Chicken, Stuffing, Roast Potato and Gravy, yum!

Glasses of water: 8

*Addition: These are items that are not part of the 1200 calorie Lite n' Easy plan.  I have added these to increase my calorie intake from the calories burned off during exercise.  For a more detailed breakdown, please see the My Fitness Pal image at the bottom of this post.

Exercise: 4 Fast Miles with Leslie Sansone (DVD)
Strength Training (3kg weights)

obese exercise
4 Fast Miles with Leslie Sansone
After a rest day I decided to get back in an do the 4 Fast Miles again, it starts slowly and includes aerobic movements and intervals of jogging.  If you’re starting out, she does 1 Mile walks and you can gradually build up to 5 Miles.  I’m a lot fitter and move a lot more than I did when I first started so I knew that the 4 Fast Miles wouldn’t be too much.  I want to start jogging too so I can gradually build up to running.

beginner exercise
Just a little Strength Training
 Video from Youtube here


I want to do Strength Training about 3 times a week if I can.  I think it’s important to incorporate it and have both Cardio and Strength.  I only do 10 reps of each one in the above video, but I gradually build it up.  I have read that the Polar FT4 isn't very accurate to monitor Strength Training but I figure it is better than pulling figures out of my ar$e the air.

Video from Youtube here

My muscles were quite sore after this week, so I decided to do a five minute stretch before the workout.  I usually do my own but I found a good video on a five minute stretch and included it for you.  It's really important to do this before and after exercise to prevent stiff, sore muscles.

relaxing sore muscles
So relaxing!
After the workout I wanted to give my muscles more of a rest so I decided to have a nice relaxing bath and pamper my self for all my efforts.

*Radox Muscle Soothe
I love this stuff, it really works and really relaxes my muscles.  I used to use this after moving house, all that lifting and stress, it always worked.

*My Beauty Diary - Strawberry Yoghurt Sheet Masks (I buy mine from Sasa.com here)
I really love the Asian Sheet Masks, you just have to peel them open and arrange them on your face and not have to worry about much mess.  They can be quite cold, so probably not the best thing for winter, but I still enjoy them.  

my beauty diary
How can you NOT look sexy in this? ;)
Like all masks, you look incredibly sexy while it's on ha ha.  You leave them on 20 minutes and then let the serum soak into your face.

*Soap & Glory - Breakfast Scrub
(Available at Mecca Cosmetica here)
After the bath, it was time to get my scrub on.  This one smells like Pancakes and Maple Syrup to me, love it.  This scrub is thick enough that it stays on your skin while you scrub and it leaves it moisturised.

*Soap & Glory - Butter Yourself Body Butter
(Available at Mecca Cosmetica here)
After washing the scrub off in a warm shower, it was time to apply a body butter. Can you tell I love Soap & Glory?  This isn't my favourite scent in the range, I love the original scent, but it's such a lovely, thick body butter.

I felt amazing after and I think it's important to take some time out just for you.

1 comment:

  1. With bistroMD you will know that you will not only eat delicious entrees, but that every meal and every day in bistroMD's weight loss program is balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform that's promoting an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Choose one of the weight loss plans for 5 to 7 days of entrees.
    STEP 2 - View your menu before ordering and pick the entrees you desire for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your diet program online.
    STEP 4 - Your meals are delivered to your doorstep.

    ORDER NOW - delivered to your home.

    ReplyDelete