Sunday 13 July 2014

Pushing Myself - Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 26 - Day 2

Day 2 - Thursday
10/07/2014
Pushing Myself
liten'easy breakfast
Such a yummy breakfast!
Breakfast: Toasted Multigrain Muffin with *Peanut Butter
*Addition: Fruity Almond Crunch Cereal
Half a Banana

I think I’ve had a Banana almost every day for the past week, I can’t help it and they are so easy to throw in with breakfast to bump up the calories.


*I swapped the Lite n’ Easy Kraft Peanut Butter with the Blessed & Lucky Maple Bliss Peanut Butter as I found the Kraft one very salty after trying other varieties.  I thought I’d show you a comparison between the two, thanks to My FitnessPal: 
my fitness pal
Comparing the Peanut Butters

Morning Snack: Peach Cup Half a Banana

I traded out the Peach Cup for a Banana, I just can’t help it, I’m obsessed.

lite n' easy lunch
Mmm that Guac
Lunch: Roast Chicken Tender, Guacamole and Tomato in a Wrap
Orange

The Lite n’ Easy Wraps are pretty small so you have to try pretty hard to stuff everything in there.  I cut up the Chicken into pieces so it’s easier to fit on there and I don’t like having the Chicken unevenly distributed throughout the Wrap. 

liten'easy lunches
Only just fit!
There is so much Guacamole in that packet and I love every gram of it.  I’m usually not a fan of Avacado and sometimes even Guacamole, but I love this one.

liten'easy snacks
Mmm roasted
Afternoon Snack: Roasted Almonds
(Dry, 30grams)

The Roasted Almonds are quite good, better than plain almonds anyway and I’m glad they aren’t Dried Apricots! (I feel like I get bombarded with them on Lite n’ Easy sometimes).

iherb discount code
Mmmm crunchy!
I was still hungry after the Roasted Almonds, due to exercise, so I decided on the Roasted and Salted Edamame.  I liked them, they weren’t too salty and they were very crunchy.  It’s hard to explain what they taste like, but to me the flavour is similar to lightly salted Popcorn.  The texture is crunchier, like that of dry cereal.  I like the fact that they are divided up into 22.5g/100 calorie packs as it makes them a healthy convenient snack that you can throw in your bag.

iherb healthy food
Where's the Peanut Butter?
I knew with a combination of Peanut Butter & Chocolate that the Barbara’s Bakery Cereal wasn’t going to stay unopened long in my pantry.  The first thing I noticed was the faint smell of Peanuts when I opened the bag and I thought that they were going to be full of flavour.  The main flavour I noticed was sugar, it overpowered everything else.  I didn’t get Peanut Butter or Chocolate from this at all, only a very faint reminder of them. 

I think with Peanut Butter flavours if it doesn’t have a slightly salty, savoury base then the flavour gets lost.  I was disappointed however, I only had the Cereal dry and not with Milk but I don’t think that will make much difference.  I do like how low in sugar it is considering how sweet it tasted and for that reason I would have it again.

liten'easy dinners
Mmm mashed potato

I really enjoy having this one during cooler nights and I do have it fairly often.  I love the Sweet Potato in it and I wish it was in more of the Lite n’ Easy vegetables.  When you have had Lite n’ Easy dinners for a while you start to appreciate new vegetables, other than Carrots, Beans, Peas, Corn and Potato.  The mashed Potato topping is great but my only complaint is that I wish the Mince mixture had more flavour, even saltier maybe.  I find it bland by alone, but mixed with the Potato it just enough flavour.  There’s nothing wrong with more flavour though. ;)

Glasses of water: 8

polar ft4 heart rate monitor
Pushing through it!
Exercise: Dancing and a little Strength Training


I still wasn’t feeling 100% today but wanted to push through it.  I was so exhausted but pushed through and did about 40 minutes of dancing, followed by about 5 minutes of stretching and then onto about 15 minutes of Strength Training.  After that I fell into a heap and didn’t feel too well.  But that passed and a few hours later I was feeling okay.  It’s so hard for me to know when to rest and when to push myself as exercise can aggravate my symptoms.

my fitness pal
My Fitness Pal - Food Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment