Monday 14 July 2014

I Can Has Chocolate Bar? - Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 26 - Day 3

Day 3 - Friday
11/07/2014
I Can Has Chocolate Bar?

lite n' easy breakfast
Look at that egg! :)
Breakfast: Egg and Smokehouse Ham on a toasted Multigrain Muffin
*Addition: Egg

Look how high that Egg is stacked! Ha ha I added an extra egg and cooked it the same way I usually do, see tip below, but I added an extra tablespoon of water and an extra minute on the cooking time.

#Tip: I cook the Egg in the microwave and it only takes 1 minute.  Crack the Egg into a microwave safe mug, add 1 Tablespoon of water, whisk (I usually wish for about 1 minute to get as much air as possible) and nuke for 1 minute (1200 watt) done!  Scoop out the Egg with a Fork or a Spoon and layer between the Ham.  I also heat the Ham in the microwave, I open one corner of the bag it comes in and heat for 1 minute, and it’s then warm and shrinks down to the perfect size for the Muffin!


Morning Snack: Kiwifruit Banana

Yeah, we both knew that I wasn’t going to eat the Kiwifruit.

mexican chicken stack
Yummy!
Lunch: Mexican Chicken Stack
Red Apple

Mmm Mexican Chicken Stack.  Even though this lunch is prone to excess moisture and leading to a little sogginess, I still enjoy it.  It’s not too spicy and I like that it’s Chicken mince, rather than pieces of Chicken meat.

lite n' easy mexican chicken stack
That's not Pasta? :S
It’s really filling too because it has Beans and layers of what I thought was Pasta but it turns out it’s actually Lavash Bread!  Had me fooled!

lite n' easy corn & parmesan muffin
Hello delicious! :)
Afternoon Snack: Choc Hazelnut Fruit Mix 
*Addition: Corn & Parmesan Muffin
Larabar Peanut ButterChocolate Chip (From iHerb here)

I really love the Corn & Parmesan Muffins.  They are a great warm savory snack and the sweetness of the Corn pairs well with the sharpness of the Parmesan.   

lite n' easy corn and parmesan muffin
Can you find the piece of Ham?
I think that there is only one tiny piece of Ham per Muffin, which is a shame, but they're still great.

#Tip: I take this out when I have breakfast and either put it in the fridge or on the counter to defrost until I have lunch.  This way when I heat it, it doesn't have a cold centre.  I heat it for less time and test it after 30 second intervals. 

larabar australia
Larabar
After the mini Apple Pie bar I tried the other day (post here) I had to try these ones!  The ingredients are Dates, Peanuts, Chocolate Chips and Sea Salt.  This is the full sized bar (45g) and this texture was different to the Apple Pie bar I tried, it was softer and less chewy.

lara bar australia
No crap in these!
It didn't taste like straight up Peanut Butter and Chocolate as I could taste the Dates more in this one, so it was a combination of the three flavours and it was delicious.  I can't believe how simple and delicious these bars are.  Unfortunately they don't sell them in Australia yet but let's hope they do soon! 

lite n' easy steak
Best microwave Steak ever!
*Addition: Atikins Chocolate Caramel Mousse Bar (From iHerb here, are also available at Woolworths here)

The Steaks have been a little fatty of late so I was hoping this piece wouldn’t be.  It was great, there wasn’t any fatty bits through the Steak.  There was a little fat on the outside, but that’s okay.  I’m glad that the quality hasn’t degraded, although it is unfortunate that the quality isn’t the same each time.

atkins bars australia
Atkins Endulge bar
After dinner I had a craving for something sweet and I could hear those Atkin’s Bars in my pantry calling me... “Melanie, come and get me Melanie!  You know you want me and we both know this is going to happen, there is no point resisting!” There really was no point in resisting as my mind was made and I deserved a treat dagnammit! ;)

atkins bars review
Soooo good! 
I heard that these tasted like Mars Bars but I thought they would just taste like a watered down version or “diet” version that tastes nothing like one, I was wrong!  They are delicious!  They really do taste like a Mars Bar!  The Atkins ones just don’t have the gooey Caramel of a Mars Bar.  I don’t want to have them all the time but I think it’s great that I can have something this close to a full fat Chocolate Bar without the hefty calories and guilt.  Next time I think I’ll try one of the Caramel Nut varieties as I prefer Snickers and I think they would be similar.

For those of you that don’t like buying things online, they do sell these at Woolworths for double the price of iHerb.  The single bars are $3.11 and for a pack of 5 is $13.98.  I purchased a pack of 5 from iHerb as they were only $5.97, but it is great to have the option at your local Woolworths when you’re looking for a Chocolate fix!

Glasses of water: 7

*Addition: These are items that are not part of the 1200 calorie Lite n' Easy plan.  I have added these to increase my calorie intake from the calories burned off during exercise.  For a more detailed breakdown, please see the My Fitness Pal image at the bottom of this post.

incidental exercise
Not bad for some cleaning
Exercise: Incidental Exercise - Cleaning


I was still not feeling great today but the cleaning had to be done.  At least it was something today! 

weightloss food diary
My Fitness Pal - Food Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment