Saturday 12 July 2014

The Apple Of My Pie - Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 26 - Day 1

Week 26
Day 1 - Wednesday
9/07/2014
The Apple Of My Pie
liten'easy breakfast
Look at that melty cheese... *drool*
Breakfast: Baked Beans on a toasted Multigrain Muffin
*Addition: Melted Cheese and Smokehouse Ham

I’m not a huge fan of the Lite n’ Easy Beans n’ Bacon, I just like the plain tomato ones.  But today to bump up the calories I added Smokehouse Ham and Cheese and those extra calories were delicious!

lite n' easy breakfast
So good!

Morning Snack: Red Apple 
lite n' easy snacks
Nice shade don't you think? ;)
lite n' easy lunch
Yeeeeeeeeeees!
Lunch: Baked Potato Bolognaise
Mandarin

I can’t think of a better thing to do with Baked Potatoes than cover them with Bolognaise, pour on a creamy white sauce and top it with Cheese, oh yes, it tastes as good as it sounds.  This doesn’t taste low fat at all!

Mandarins are still MEH! 

larabar apple pie
Healthiest Apple Pie Ever
Afternoon Snack (*Addition): Mini Larabar (22g) – Apple Pie

These were from the iHerb haul I placed recently (post here) and I couldn’t wait to try everything.  Because My Fitness Pal was still giving me sass about sugar, I decided to go for the mini Larabar and the one with the lowest sugar, being the Apple Pie flavour. 

They don’t taste like straight up Apple Pie and I didn’t expect them too considering the ingredients are only Dates, Almonds, Unsweetened Apples, Walnuts, Raisins and Cinnamon.  However, I was expecting the Dates to overpower the other flavours but they didn’t.  These tasted like sweet stewed Apple and Cinnamon with a slight nut flavour, which are essentially the flavours of Apple Pie.

The texture of this bar is soft and slightly chewy but not as much as a chewy Muesli Bar.  The consistency is more of a moist (hee hee) formula, rather than a dry Oat bar.  I really enjoyed it and found myself wanting more after I’d finished but I resisted ;)

lite n' easy dinners
Always delicious, Rigatoni
Dinner: 86 Rigatoni

I think that some of the Lite n’ Easy dinners aren’t always consistent in that the meat can sometimes be less than desirable or meals become a somewhat soggy consistency.  Rigatoni is one of those dinners that is always the same, which is great.  I never have to worry about the meat or the texture and it’s delicious.  The meat balls have a flavour similar to Sausage, the Tomato sauce is rich and sweet and the Pasta is al dente. If you haven’t tried this one I’d suggest you give it a go and you might be surprised how quickly it makes its way into your rotation.

Cooking Tip: Sometimes the Pasta around the edges of the meal not covered in sauce can dry out.  To prevent this, stir the meal about half way through the cooking time and ensure that the Pasta is coated in sauce.

Glasses of water: 8

*Addition: These are items that are not part of the 1200 calorie Lite n' Easy plan.  I have added these to increase my calorie intake from the calories burned off during exercise.  For a more detailed breakdown, please see the My Fitness Pal image at the bottom of this post. 

Exercise: None


my fitness pal food diary
My Fitness Pal - Food Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment