Monday 21 July 2014

Must Scan Everything! - Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 27 - Day 2

Week: 27
Day 2 - Thursday
17/07/2014
Must Scan EVERYTHING!

my fitness pal barcode scan
Oh scanner I love you and your cleverness
After yesterday with the miscalculated fat on My Fitness Pal (post here), I remembered the barcode feature on the phone app (I usually use my PC).  I love this feature as there are so many things that are incorrectly entered into MFP.  

lite n' easy meme
Meme created with www.memegenerator.net
But it just makes me wish the Lite n' Easy food packaging had barcodes!  It would make things so much easier as I'm forever updating the food database on MFP.  Me and my first world problems, I know. 


Lite n' easy breakfast
Mmmm Banana 
 Breakfast:  Creamy Almond & Vanilla Oats
Soy & Linseed Toast with Honey
*Addition: Mayver’s Peanut Cacao Spread
Banana

Today I thought I’d try the Oats using water instead of Milk as suggested on the packet.  I wouldn’t recommend this, it’s much better with Milk!  I don’t find the Oats sweet enough so I love drizzling the Honey over them and the Banana just makes it even sweeter.

Morning Snack: Mandarin

lite n easy lunch
Mmmm melty
Lunch: Chicken Breast Fillet, Tomato and Zesty Mayonnaise
on a Ciabatta Roll
Orange
*Addition: Low fat Cheese Slice
Cheerios Honey Cereal (Dry)

I toasted my roll with Cheese last time and it was delicious (post here), so I couldn’t resist doing that again.  Even with the Mayonnaise I think this roll is too dry, so I added Cheese, everything is better with Cheese... I mean food wise.  It was lovely and warm, toasty and melty but I have to practice toasting my rolls as they can get a bit too toasty.

uncle tobys cheerios
Where is the Honey?
I thought I'd give the Honey Cheerios a try to have something a bit different to the original.  The Honey ones are the same calories but have a little more sugar in them, oddly enough, but they taste really similar to the original.  After I finish the box I'm going to just continue buying the original with less sugar as they pretty much taste the same. 

seapoint farms dry roasted edamame
Mmm crunchy
Afternoon Snack: Citrus Sultana Oat Biscuit
*Addition: Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame
Real Foods Multigrain Rice Thins with Blessed & Lucky Maple Bliss Spread

It was a hard choice to make but I traded out the Biscuit for Edamame.  I was already over my sugar for the day according to My Fitness Pal and the Edamame only has one gram of sugar. 

healthy snacks
Nom Nom Nom
lite n' easy braised lamb shanks
Mmmm... no

I haven’t had this one for a while so I decided to give it another try.  I enjoy the sauce that comes with it but I’m not a fan of the meat.  It tastes a little odd to me, I’m not sure if that is just me as I’m not a huge fan of Lamb or if it’s the meal itself.  Either way I won’t be ordering it again.

lne braised lamb shanks
Not my kind of meat ;)
Glasses of water: 7

*Addition: These are items that are not part of the 1200 calorie Lite n' Easy plan.  I have added these to increase my calorie intake from the calories burned off during exercise and to have a base, on average, of 1500 calories.  For a more detailed breakdown, please see the My Fitness Pal image at the bottom of this post.


I don't know what happened to the photo here... I monitored the calories with my Polar FT4 Heart Rate monitor as usual but I can't find the photo sorry, I may have forgotten to take the photo :(

 I woke up with a migraine that wiped me out for most of the day but I wanted to get some exercise in.   In the afternoon I was still worn out but pushed myself and managed to squeeze in a little strength training too.


my fitness pal
My Fitness Pal - Food Diary
(Feel free to add me here)

No comments:

Post a Comment