Friday 4 July 2014

Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 25 Day 2 - Not Giving In

Week: 25
Day 2 - Thursday
3/07/2014
Not Giving In
lite n easy food
Mmm Banana!
Breakfast: Creamy Almond & Vanilla Oats 
with Honey and Half a Banana
Multigrain Toast with Honey Mayver's Peanut Cacao Spread and Half a Banana
Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar)

I decided to add the Honey to the Oats and top it with Banana, oh my it was delicious!

Because I used the Honey for the Oats, I added my own spread and the rest of the Banana.  Just a few little additions can help increase your calories.


I actually want to start eating more calories, I'm on the 1200 calorie as a base but I'm going to up it to 1500 calories as a base.  Why?  Because while I still want to lose weight I don't want to lose muscle and I want to start building muscle early as it helps with weightloss and I want to be healthy, not just thin or thinner.

I'm going to try it out for at least a month to see how it goes, my weight on the scales will probably increase but that's okay.  I'm being healthy and exercising, so to me that's more important.  If the scales do increase it's more than likely muscle weight, which is great.

Morning Snack: Red Apple

lite n easy lunch
Mmm Beefy Chunks 
Lunch: Steak & Mushroom Pie
Peach Cup

This is a great winter lunch and I do like it, it reminds me of the 180 Shepherd's Pie dinner a little but this one has huge chunks of Beef.


I see NUTS! ;)
Afternoon Snack: Peanuts & Rice Crackers

Last time I had this there were hardly any Peanuts and I couldn't taste them :(  This time there were more Peanuts and they tasted great mixed with the Rice Crackers, lovely little snack. 

lite n easy dinners
I love Cashews!

 I'm trying not to get into the habit of having the same dinners every week so I ordered this as I haven't had it in a while.  It's delicious!  Why did I stop ordering this?  The sauce has more flavour than the 190 Chicken Noodle Stir Fry  and I prefer this one.  I wish they had this sauce and Chicken in the Noodle Stir Fry.  The Cashews are so good! 

Glasses of water: 7

foods for exercise
Mmm Protein
Additional Items: Multigrain Rice Crackers with Low Fat Cottage Cheese

 Not a very exciting snack today but I try to have Peanut Butter, Nuts, Fruit, Cottage Cheese and Yoghurt as they are good sources of protein and protein is great for the muscles.

Plus I will use any excuse I can to have me some more Peanut Butter! ;)


weightloss exercise
Polar FT4 - Heart Rate Monitor
Exercise: 3 Mile Walk with Leslie Sansone DVD
(The video isn't the exact one but it's close)




A few times this week I've had to stop due to a migraine and the migraines that I've had this week have been less intense and severe as they usually are, I thought they may have been getting better but I was wrong.  I've come off a medication called Topamax (I will do a blog post on my experience soon)  a few weeks ago due to horrible side effects and they didn't stop the migraines completely but they did reduce the severity but I also still had all the other symptoms I normally have with the migraines.  

The doctor said it would take a week to be out of my system and it’s now been two weeks and not many migraines and not very intense.  Part of me was hoping that the migraines may have just been stress related or maybe the weightloss had helped but today the migraine I had was just as intense as they used to be.  

I was exhausted, felt like I was going to faint, nauseous, it felt like someone was slowly piecing a metal skewer through my right eye and down to the base of my skull and it would not go away even with pain medication.  It just upsetting and feels like I’m back to square one, but it’s not going to stop me.  I’m not going to give up.  I’m not going to stop exercising even if it means I’m in intense pain after.  It’s just going to make me even more determined to do it.  I’m not giving in.  Screw you migraines I’m not going to let you win!

No comments:

Post a Comment