Tuesday 8 July 2014

My Butt Won't Quit - Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 25 Day 5

Week: 25
Day 4 - Sunday
6/07/2014
My Butt Won’t Quit
lite n' easy food
Sunday Breakfast mmmm 
Breakfast: Eggs Benedict (Egg, Bacon, Baby Spinach and Hollandaise Sauce
on Ciabatta Toast)
*Addition: An extra Egg and Ciabatta Toast
Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar)

I woke up feeling refreshed and in a great mood with loads of energy, even before the coffee.  What is better than Eggs Benedict on a Sunday morning? TWO Eggs Benedict on a Sunday morning! Yep, I added an extra Egg and Toast with a little Pepper and I was in pure bliss for the whole 30 seconds it lasted. ;)

Morning Snack: An Orange

lite n' easy review
I can has Pizza?
Lunch: Mediterranean Pizza with melted Cheese
Peaches & Apricots
*Addition: A Banana

I don’t think I’ve tried the Mediterranean Pizza before, I’ve had the Supreme and others, so I was excited to try this one.  It didn’t disappoint, it was just as yummy as the other Lite n’ Easy pizzas I’ve tried, I think I just noted more herbs in this one.

I just couldn’t with the Peaches & Apricots today, I don’t really like it at the best of times but the date on it was used by tomorrow (see photo).  I tried a little piece of it but I didn’t continue as it really didn’t look fresh or taste that great.  It annoyed me because fair enough that they have trouble with delivering fresh fruit all the time but this was pre-packaged fruit that is meant to last longer and they can’t get that right either.  Not happy, Jan!

So I traded it for a Banana, I have to try and use them up anyway. I have had one every day this week but you don’t get Bananas on Lite n’ Easy, so I’m enjoying them.

lite n' easy experience
Little balls of joy ;)
Afternoon Snack: Muesli Cookies
*Addition: 2 Microwave Cookies (173 Calories per cookie)
*Addition: Crunchy Noodle Snack

The Muesli Cookies are delicious but there just isn’t enough of them! ;)

quick healthy recipes
A 3 Ingredient, 1 Minute Cookie
The Microwave Cookie consists of 3 ingredients and takes 1 minute (recipe here).  I decided to add Dates for more sweetness today and it went with the Banana really well.  I baked it for less time today, you really have to let it cool completely because it will still keep cooking after it's taken out of the microwave.

lite n' easy pics
Just add nuts ;)
I had the Noodle Snack much later in the afternoon and I ate half of it before I took the photo, I hope you can forgive me!  I really like this as it’s crunchy and a little bit spicy.  It would be better with nuts, but wouldn’t everything? ;)

lite n' easy dinner
A little fatty tonight, not me, the Steak! :)
*Addition: Skinny Cow Sundae – Vanilla Caramel

I usually love the Lite n’ Easy Steaks but this particular piece of Steak was so fatty.  It was a little disappointing but I’m just hoping it’s a once off.

weightloss blog
Skinny Cow Sundae
I was craving something sweet after dinner so I decided on a Skinny Cow Sundae, the Vanilla ones are pretty good but the Double Chocolate ones are drool worthy.  Unfortunately they only come in combo packs with the Vanilla so I only had the Vanilla ones left.  It’s like the Neapolitan Ice Cream situation where everyone eats the Chocolate and Vanilla but leaves the Strawberry (that’s how it went down in my house growing up).  You eat the Strawberry because that’s all that’s left and you know Mum won’t buy anymore Ice Cream until this one is finished, but you secretly wish it was Chocolate or Vanilla.

Glasses of water: 8

*Addition: These are items that are not part of the 1200 calorie Lite n' Easy plan.  I have added these to increase my calorie intake from the calories burned off during exercise.  For a more detailed breakdown, please see the My Fitness Pal image at the bottom of this post.

obese exercise
Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
Exercise: Dancing

After doing the Strength Training yesterday (post here) I woke up and my butt was so sore! It was those damn lunges! I was expecting sore legs and arms etc but not my butt! But (punn intended) I figure it’s good because it means that it’s getting a workout too. 

After breakfast I planned to get in early and write a blog post and then exercise in the afternoon but that didn’t happen.  I put on some tunes to get me going with the blogging and it turns out the tunes were too powerful and I found myself dancing at my desk.  I decided to use this energy to my advantage and shake my butt even though it was sore and sorry.  I try to get the most out of my good days when I’m not sick because sometimes they can be rare, so I kept pushing and ended up going for two hours!

obese exercise
Me and my Cupcake Butt

Yep, I was in my PJs (just because I don't eat Cupcakes, doesn't mean I can't wear them!), I strapped on my Polar FT4, grabbed my water bottle (hydration is important people!) and away I went.  I never thought I’d be able to find any exercise I enjoyed but I’ve always loved dancing.  It makes me happy, works pretty much every muscle in my body and two hours can go by without me even noticing.  I can be out of breath and get sweaty and not care.  

I think that is definitely the key, if you can find an exercise you love doing it doesn’t seem like a chore.  I make sure I stretch before, start slow and work things up, have a cool down and stretch after as well.  Just throw on your favourite tunes, dance like no one is watching and you’ll be surprised how many calories you burn and how much fun you have! ;) 

my fitness pal
My Fitness Pal - Food Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment