Saturday 17 May 2014

Lite n' Easy Weight Loss Journey Week 18 Day 4 - Never Looking Back

Week 18
Day 4 - Saturday
17/05/2014 
Never Looking Back

lite n easy breakfast
Oh yes
Breakfast: Strawberry Yoghurt Crunch
*Addition: Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar)

Well hello there! I know that I haven’t been posting very frequently but I’m back baby! ;)  I know I’m starting half way through the week but I figure now is as good as time as any. 

I love this breakfast, so convenient and delicious.  I do think it is a little on the light side for breakfast though, I prefer a bigger breakfast and then lighter meals later.

lite n easy food
Orange you going to do better than this?
Morning Snack: Orange
*Addition: Homemade Coffee (low fat milk, no sugar)

The Oranges have been pale and they certainly aren’t as nice as they usually are, let’s hope that this is a once off.   Don’t be messing with my Oranges! ;)

I usually only have one coffee a day, don’t judge me :P  I’m on new medication for my migraines.  While I did reverse Benign Intracranial Hypertension with my weightloss, I still have Chronic Migraines. 

The reason for these are still a mystery (be it genetics, the Chiari 1 Malformation or something else), so I’m trailing new meds.  I’m pretty sure it’s the medication and not lack of sleep, but I am so drowsy!  I’m talking glassy-eyed-half-lobotomised, almost.  So if this is life on this medication, I don’t want it!  I will give it the month they recommended and see how it goes.  

lite n easy food
I want you... 

Lunch: Warm Chicken & Cous Cous Moroccan Salad with Yoghurt Dressing
Seasonal Fruit (Grapes)

lite n easy lunch
Get in ma belly!

We all know it, amazingness in lettuce form, who would have thought it possible? Certainly not I! 

lite n easy blog
mmm firm ;)
The Grapes were lovely, sweet and firm today ;)

lite n easy snacks
Yummy! 
Afternoon Snack: Tomato Bruschetta on Ciabatta Toast
*Addition: Sun Rice Wild Rice Crackers x 2, Peanut Butter & Co Cinnamon Raisin Swirl and a Cavendish Banana.

I love it when I see the Tomato Bruschetta on my print out, it’s the little things. J

weightloss snacks
Foodgasm? Oh yesasm! ;)
I swear sometimes I just exercise so I can eat food like the additional snack I had this afternoon, oh my!  The Peanut Butter, the Cinnamon, the Raisin, the Banana, the excitement! ;)  This combination is amazing, trust me!

lite n easy dinners
Tubes of happiness


I love this dinner, one of the best Lite n' Easy dinners out there.  In my opinion.  I don't have a problem with the olives.  It's Chicken, Carbs, Tomato, Spice and Cheese, I'm happy.  I may have made some others jealous with my dinner too ;)

Glasses of water: 7

*Addition: These are items that are not part of the 1200 calorie Lite n’ Easy plan.  I have added these to increase my calorie intake from the calories burned off during exercise.  For a more detailed breakdown, please see the My Fitness Pal image at the bottom of this post.

Polar ft4
Burned more than I thought I would! 
Exercise: Brisk walking, shopping.

Needed to get a few things today so I thought a brisk walk was in order.  It was difficult today, I think mainly because I haven’t exercised in a few weeks and because the migraines, medication and lack of sleep is really knocking me around.  Did that stop me? No way!  I’m not letting some drowsiness get in the way of my goals.

I think about the person I used to be, the health problems I used to have and was potentially giving to myself, the way I used to deal with things or rather didn’t deal with things, how I treated myself and let others treat me and I don’t ever want to go back.  I won’t go back.  I never want to be the person I was or live the life that I lived before and I never will.


No looking back, it’s all about keeping moving and looking forward to that bright future with my head held high!

Weightloss Food Diary
My Fitness Pal - Food Diary
All the best for the weekend! 
Why aren't they called weekawesomes? Or strongstarts? 

4 comments:

  1. Doing well Mel. You will prob find as more weight comes off the migraines will go away. Medication can do such horrible things to the body, being a 'natural' person myself, I found peppermint oil works well for headaches, you can this thing called a migrastick, works wonders fir headaches and migraines abd no meds needed. Keep it up girl your doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon. I'm hoping so! I hate taking medications! But I will try it this way first and then see what else I can do, thank you for your suggestions. The Migraines are one out of a long list of symptoms, I hope weightloss will reduce them. Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  2. I've recently started lite n easy too and have noticed the change in the oranges have come from swapping from USA imported (sweet rich coloured, in season) to sepid looking slightly tart australian stock given they are only just beginning to come into season. Id prefer they stuck to imported until the quality improves! Though I do respect them for choosing Australian grown wherever possible. Hopefully the oranges will get better! Congratulations on your weight loss to date, you're doing amazing! Im 4.8kg down in 4wks with no exercise (migraine sufferer also!) On the 5 day 1200cal plan, So I'm loving it. Love your blog, trying to catch up on everything given I've just discovered it :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Acey86! Congratulations on starting and your weightloss! Yeah it's sad about the Oranges but I have had a few Mandarines lately and there isn't anything sad about that! ;) Thank you so much for your kind words. Sorry to hear that you suffer form Migraines too, horrible things. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog! I'm happy to give you advice wherever I can, I'm also on Facebook under the same name if you want to add me on there too. All the best xxx

      Delete