Thursday 30 January 2014

Weightloss Week 2 Days 5 - 7 Lite and Easy (Lite n' Easy)

Day 5 - Sunday
26/01/2014

Calorie controlled diet
Lite n' Easy Day 5 - Morning to Afternoon
Breakfast: Bacon, Free Range Egg and Roasted Tomato with Multigrain Toast
 I was so looking forward to this breakfast, bacon and eggs on a Sunday.  I opened the bag and the egg had cracked and the yolk had spilled out in the container.  They do put the eggs in a plastic container but obviously it can still get damaged.  So no egg for me today as I didn't have any spare in the fridge :(


Morning Snack: Red Apple

Lunch: Chicken & Pasta Bake
Seasonal Fruit

This one is quite nice, just a white creamy sauce with pasta, chicken and frozen veggies.  The chicken is quite nice in this one.  Another red apple though? My morning snack was a red apple and now with lunch.  I would prefer a little more variety with the fruit but I'm happy it wasn't a peach fruit cup!!! 

Afternoon Snack: Ricotta Spinach Cake

It sounds better than it looks and it doesn't sound that great does it?  This is one of my least favourite snacks.  This time I heated it in the microwave and toasted it a little and it was more bearable than just heating it in the microwave.

Light and easy dinners
Lite n' Easy Dinner - Chicken Dijon
Dinner: Chicken Dijon (#49)

I had this the first week because I have had some not great dinners.  The crumbed fish was disgusting the last few times I ordered it, the fish was not fresh.  So I guess I was scared to try any new dinners but I'm going to try all new ones next week.

Glasses of water: 5

Additional Items:  Coffee (homemade with low fat milk) 2 sugars


Exercise: None.

Exercise: 
Day 6 - Monday
27/01/2014

lite and easy breakfast
Lite n' Easy Breakfast

Breakfast: Fruit & Bran Cereal with low fat milk.  Wholegrain & Oat Toast
with Strawberry Jam

Morning Snack: Kiwi Fruit

It was the Australia Day public holiday and I was out most of the day so I didn't have my morning snack.  I should have taken it with me.

Low fat subway
Subway Low Fat Sub
Lunch: Napoli Meatballs on a
Long Multigrain Roll
Orange

As previously mentioned, because I was out I ended up having Subway for lunch.  I had a six inch wheat with ham, all salads except jalapenos and honey mustard sauce.  It's one of the six grams of fat or less.  I used to order the footlong Chicken Classic (previously called Chicken Fillet) on Italian herbs and cheese bread, cheddar cheese, all salads except jalapenos and honey mustard sauce.  

I did some research on the nutritional information on what I used to have at Subway, compared to what I have now.... Holy Footlong Batman!

Old Subway Order                                           New Subway Order
Energy (kJ) = 3862                                               Energy (kJ) = 1257
Energy (cal) = 923.6                                              Energy (cal) = 295.9
Protein (g) = 43.4                                                   Protein (g) = 15.4
Fat, Total (g) = 34.8                                              Fat, Total (g) = 4.3
Sat. Fat (g) = 14.6                                                  Sat. Fat (g) = 1.4
Carb. (g) = 54.1                                                      Carb. (g) = 46.5
Sugars (g) = 20.8                                                    Sugars (g) = 11.8
Dietary Fiber (g ) = 5.4                                         Dietary Fiber (g) = 3.5
Sodium (mg) = 3004                                             Sodium (mg) = 999.5

*Nutritional information from Subway website here
Figures on the left were doubled as it's a footlong and the Subway website only states the nutritional information for a six inch.

So don't always think that Subway is healthy or low fat.  Isn't it amazing how much difference there is by making a few changes!  I could have reduced my sodium if I didn't have olives and pickles (I forgot about them) and sugars by choosing hot chilli sauce or no sauce.

lite n' easy snacks
Lite n' Easy Snack 
Afternoon Snack: Dried Apricots

lite n' easy dinner
Lite n' Easy Dinner - Braised Lamb Shanks
Dinner: Braised Lamb Shanks (#128)

This is pretty nice, it's more like a lamb stew.  I think it's more fitted to the cooler months, it reminds me of a slow cooker meal.  Did there use to be more meat or am I just imagining that? There is that sad mushy, tasteless pumpkin again :(
Glasses of water: 6

Additional Items:  Coffee (homemade with low fat milk) 2 sugars

Exercise: None.

Day 7- Tuesday
28/01/2014

weightloss journey
Lite n' Easy Day 7 - Morning to Afternoon
Breakfast: Free Range Egg and Smokehouse Ham on a toasted Multigrain Mun
Morning Snack: Orange

Lunch: Aromatic Chicken Curry and a Red Apple

I do like this lunch, it's like an Indian curry.  I would heat this one for longer next time as some of the middle was frozen :S

Afternoon Snack: Choc Hazelnut Fruit Mix

Yum! Chocolate hello! My favourite of the fruit mixes, this one has Hazelnuts, sultanas and choc drops.

yummy low fat meals
Lite n' Easy Dinner - Rigatoni 
Dinner: Rigatoni (#86)
  
This one some how slipped passed me and I never tried it.  OMG it's so yummy! It's a basic tomato sauce, with pasta and the meatballs taste similar to sausage meat.  Definitely putting this in my dinner rotation.

Glasses of water: 6

Additional Items:  Coffee (homemade with low fat milk) 2 sugars
Glass low fat milk

Exercise: None.



No comments:

Post a Comment