Wednesday 17 June 2015

28 Days To Confidence - Day 7

28 Days To Confidence - Day 7
Day 7: Go It Alone

I don't know why it is perceived that there is something wrong with you if you are alone.  That you're a loser, a loner or just don't fit in. (Now the Raggy Dolls theme song is playing in my head, anyone remember that? Link here).  So often we find comfort in the company of other people or distractions that we forget how to be alone and be happy about it.

Today's challenge is to do something alone that you would normally do with someone else.  It could be anything at all, going to the movies, a cafe, shopping, a party etc.  But, I don't want you to rely on your phone or other distractions for comfort.  I think it's important to just be...alone. :)

Can you go it alone?
How did I go?

I used to hate and would avoid going to restaurants and cafes, even food courts alone.  I thought that everyone would perceive me as that loser/loner that didn't fit it, so I just avoided the situation all together.

How did it change? I did.  I decided that I was going to face this ridiculous fear of mine and just do it.  Not only that, I decided that I was going to stay off my phone, off social media and not have my head buried in any form of reading material.  I threw myself in and decided to enjoy the experience, the surroundings, the people, all of it. 

I know that to some of you, this isn't a big issue for you and that's why I want you to choose your own confidence building scenario.

The Paleo Place - Chicken Carbonara
I had some time in between appointments, so I decided to stop for lunch at The Paleo Place (not sponsored).  I had the Chicken Carbonara (chicken and bacon carbonara served with zucchini pasta) and it was pretty delicious.  I think it's the best meal I've tried from them yet.  It was the first time I've tried zucchini pasta (I know, I should be ashamed of myself considering how long I've been Paleo) and I was surprised how tasty it was.  I really have to make this at home!

I was really comfortable and I think that if I had distractions, I wouldn't have enjoyed the meal as much as I did.  You know what? Now I really don't care if people think that I'm a loser, a loner and I actually don't mind not fitting it.

What are you afraid to do alone?

3 comments:

  1. This Super Simple Morning Habit
    "Accidentally" Melted 84 LBS Of Fat
    http://bit.ly/2QJEXSg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do this hack to drop 2lb of fat in 8 hours

    More than 160,000 women and men are trying a easy and SECRET "liquids hack" to drop 1-2lbs each night in their sleep.

    It's very easy and works every time.

    Just follow these easy step:

    1) Go grab a drinking glass and fill it up half full

    2) Then use this strange hack

    and you'll become 1-2lbs skinnier the very next day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to Stanford Medical, It is indeed the SINGLE reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh an average of 42 pounds lighter than us.

    (By the way, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some hard exercise and really, EVERYTHING to do with "HOW" they are eating.)

    P.S, I said "HOW", not "what"...

    TAP on this link to discover if this easy test can help you decipher your true weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete