Wednesday 10 June 2015

28 Days To Confidence - Day 1

28 Days To Confidence
28 Days To Confidence Challenge - Day 1

Today is day one of the 28 Days To Confidence challenge.  Can I just start by saying that I am by no means an expert on confidence.  However, I have learnt a few things that have helped build my confidence over the last year.  This challenge is for everyone, me included.  I'll have a tip/goal for each day that I'd like for you to do with me.  They will start out small and for most, you can choose how big or little you would like to go.  For blogging purposes, I will be a day ahead, meaning that I have already started Day 1.  This is only so that I can blog about my experiences and how I achieved it in the day, in order to assist you with examples and tips. 

Day 1: Posture
Day 1: Posture
It may seem really basic but it's actually has a lot of benefits, building confidence being only one.  Think about it... Slouch in your chair, do you feel ready to take on a challenge? Now, sit up straight with a good posture, how do you feel? 

The challenge for today is to maintain good posture throughout the day.  Make a conscious effort to notice and stop yourself when you start to slouch or hunch over. Sit, stand and walk tall, my friends. :)

How did I go?
This one is a big one for me.  I have struggled with this all my life.  I've noticed that my posture has improved over the last year and I believe it's due to how I feel about myself on the inside.  A few other things have contributed to my tight neck, shoulder and back muscles, but I know that posture is a big contributing factor.  

I try to do this one all the time, but I made a concerted effort to keep this going all day.  I did really well today.  It was in the back of my mind all day, so I was constantly aware when I was starting to slouch and pulled myself out of it.  One tip that has really helped me is to place a cushion/pillow at the base of my back while I'm sitting in an office chair, it prevents me from slouching. 

I started with posture because I think it's important to start from day one and carry through the 28 days, and hopefully forever. 

Please let me know in the comments how you found today's challenge! :)

1 comment:

  1. This Super Simple Morning Habit
    "Accidentally" Melted 84 LBS Of Fat
    http://bit.ly/2QJEXSg

    ReplyDelete