Sunday 22 February 2015

Paleo Burger and Cookies! - Weight Loss Journey Week 56 - Day 3

Week: 56
Day 3 - Friday
20/02/2015

paleo smoothie bowl
Have a little too much time for breakfast? Try this! ;)
Breakfast: Green Smoothie Bowl
(Spinach, Coconut Water, Banana & Pear
Topped with Almonds, Chia Seeds, Goji Berries and Coconut)

I woke feeling nauseous this morning so I didn't really feel like a big breakfast.  Keeping it light I decided to make a quick green smoothie and serve it in a bowl for something different.  It's prettier than your average smoothie. :) 

Paleo burger recipe
No burgers on Paleo? No way! 
Lunch: Sweet Potato Beef Burger
(Recipe HERE)

I thought I'd try something a little different for lunch and create a Paleo beef burger!  I have had sweet potato hash browns for breakfast (post here), but I thought I'd see if I could make them into a burger.  Success!  Okay, so you can't eat it with your hands as it's a little too soft and messy for that, but it's delicious! 

There is no flour in this or additives so it is pretty healthy too.  Because it's sweet potato it is lovely and filling.  I have tried it before with a chicken patty (recipe soon) and that was lovely too.


paleo microwave cookie
Burgers and Cookies in the one day!
Afternoon Snack: Banana Date & Walnut Microwave Cookies
(Recipe HERE)

I decided to reward myself for exercising today and create a quick treat.  I love creating new recipes and thinking of how to use ingredients in different ways.  I figure if I'm going to have something like this, it's best to have it about 30 minutes after exercise as a post workout treat.  I enjoyed these as they were a nice soft consistency, not dry like other microwave cookies I've made. 

Paleo Dinners
You can't see my dinner for the trees!
Dinner: Savoury Mince layered with Pumpkin Mash
(Recipe HERE)

I had leftover savoury mince that I had left over from lunch, so I decided to use it for tonight's dinner.  It's not a very pretty or exciting dinner, but it was still tasty. 

Glasses of water: 8

exercise
Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
Exercise: Dancing

Due to the bad weather here I was pretty limited exercise wise.  I decided to just dance around at home.  This was the LAST thing I felt like doing today.  I had just recovered from a migraine and was wiped out, but I felt like crap anyway so #*$% it!  Why not?

  I can at least try it and see how I go and this was the result.  I didn't feel great after, but I felt better because I had done it for myself and surely it would be helping me.  It's really hard to exercise when you're not well the majority of the time, but I'm going to do my best.  I may not be able to climb mountains but at least I can climb off the couch! ;)

I hope you're all staying safe, love Mel xxoxx

3 comments:

  1. excited i found your blog an am just starting out so thank you for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm excited to have you along for the journey! I hope it helps you :)

      Delete
  2. This Super Simple Morning Habit
    "Accidentally" Melted 84 LBS Of Fat
    http://bit.ly/2QJEXSg

    ReplyDelete