Friday 20 February 2015

It's All About That Prep - Weight Loss Journey Week 56 - Day 2

Week: 56
Day 2 - Thursday
19/02/2015
It's All About That Prep
Paleo breakfast recipes
Zucchini "Fritters" *fail*...shhhh don't tell anyone! ;)
Breakfast: Zucchini Fritters with Salsa & Avocado Crema

I think you get to the point with Paleo where you get sick of having eggs for breakfast! It's good in a way because it keeps me thinking of creative ways to have a healthy breakfast without dairy, grains and processed foods.

I tried this recipe here because the almond flour was optional.  I prefer not to use flours and sweeteners where I can.  It flopped.  They didn't stay together for me.  Perhaps I didn't remove enough of the excess water. It was still tasty, but I also think that 1 tsp of salt was way too much, they tasted too salty to me.  First time making this though, so I will play around with it a bit.

I topped it with diced tomato mixed with a little tomato paste and garlic.  I also made an Avocado Crema recipe here.  Maybe I got the ratios wrong, but it tasted a bit heavy on the coconut milk to me, I was wanting more avocado to come through. 

It was still delicious, I will just have to play around with things a little. 


Paleo lunch ideas
You can win friends with salad, it just has to be the right one ;)
Lunch: Pumpkin, Bacon & Egg Salad with Avocado Crema

When preparing last nights dinner (post here), I cooked up a whole lot of extra pumpkin and broccoli because I'm lazy I like to be organised.  All I needed to do was warm the pumpkin, boil some eggs, fry some bacon, chop up some tomato, red onion, place it over some spinach and drizzle on some avocado crema. Bam! Delicious salad is served!

I wasn't happy with the taste of the avocado crema this morning, so I added another avocado, a few cloves of garlic, juice of a lemon and salt and pepper.  The taste of the coconut milk isn't as strong now.  I want to play around with this a little more and try a few different ingredients.  But expect to see this on a lot of my meals in the next week because I have shitloads a lot of it!

A year ago I never thought I would be enjoying salad or avocado, but I also didn't know how delicious salads could be. Pumpkin, bacon, egg and avocado, you can't go wrong!


paleo snacks
Exciting, huh!
Afternoon Snack: Orange

I realised that I hadn't had any fruit today, so I thought I would sneak some in this afternoon. Sneak, sneak...


Quick paleo dinners
Lazy and delicious
Dinner: Chicken Curry with Pumpkin & Broccoli (Lazy arse version)

Remember how I cooked extra pumpkin and broccoli? Well, it's now tonight's dinner.  I defrosted some chicken breast, heated it in a pan with the veggies, poured in the remaining coconut milk from this morning, added some curry powder and seasoning. Seriously lazy dinner! I'm all about the prep, no trouble. ;)

Glasses of water: 8

2 comments:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Super Simple Morning Habit
    "Accidentally" Melted 84 LBS Of Fat
    http://bit.ly/2QJEXSg

    ReplyDelete