Thursday 19 February 2015

Too Sick To Eat - Weight Loss Journey Week 56 - Day 1

Week: 56
Day 1 - Wednesday
18/02/2015

Too Sick To Eat

paleo blog
Rooibos Tea Shake

Breakfast: Rooibos Tea Shake
(Brewed Rooibos Tea, 1 Banana, 1 tsp Honey, handful of Roasted Almonds & Almond Milk)

I've really been trying to cut down on coffee and eventually phase it out all together.  I don't think that it's necessary, it's more of a habit in the morning.  I've always been sensitive to caffeine, but in the last few months, I've noticed that sometimes my teeth chatter uncontrollably after coffee and I have a heart condition, so I don't think I should push it any further.  I've been having Rooibos or caffeine free Chai lately instead. 


 I had a Physio appointment this morning so I decided to quickly throw this together before I went.  I felt like I had made a lot of progress with my neck and jaw last week, but this week my jaw was too painful to do any stretching with, so just massage today.  My neck and shoulders have still improved though.  My Physio applies pressure to headache points within my neck and the pain used to shoot straight up behind my eye, like a metal skewer shooting up from the base of my skull.  I've seen her weekly for over a month now and I don't get the sharp pains any more, which is fantastic.

We did discuss my jaw and that things would get worse before they got better.  A few hours after the appointment, I was in so much pain.  I was so nauseous and had a horrible migraine.  I couldn't think of anything else but the pain, least of all food, so I didn't have lunch today.  I just couldn't stomach food at all. 
 
paleo prep
Lazy Dinner
Dinner: Seasoned Chicken Breast with Sweet Potato, Broccoli and Pumpkin

I had frozen chicken breast that I cooked up last week.  This was seasoned with garlic, salt, pepper and chili.  It's so good to just steam some veggies and defrost some chicken for dinner, especially when you're not well.  I squeezed some fresh lemon juice over the top with some extra salt and pepper.  It was simple but delicious.

Not a very exciting post today (are they ever?), but that is my life sometimes. ;)

Glasses of water: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment