Friday 16 January 2015

Paleo Ice Cream - Weight Loss Journey Week 51 - Day 5 - 7

Week 51
Day 5 - Sunday
11/01/2015

paleo smoothie
No more smoothies
Breakfast: Smoothie
(Mixed Berries, Banana, Kale, Almond Milk and Chia Seeds)

I really think that I should stay clear from smoothies unless I need something quick on the busy days.  I just don't think that this is enough to keep me going for the day.

paleo lunch ideas
What is wrong with me? 
Lunch: Egg Baked in Tomato with Kale, Egg Baked in Avocado, Sweet Potato Fries & Roasted Pumpkin

I know that you probably think I am crazy for having a hot lunch on a really freaking hot day and you would be right.  But I just didn't want salad today and I wanted to have dinner prepared as much as possible. 

The eggs baked in tomatoes are great, but please don't try the egg baked in avocado! Disgusting! Don't waste your avocado and have it fresh, trust me!

organising paleo meals
Paleo preppin

This is where I like to cook as many vegetables/meat as possible as I know that when dinner comes around I usually can't be stuffed!


paleo snacks
Mmmm...it's no peanut butter but it's close

Afternoon Snack: Apple & Almond Butter

paleo dinner ideas
Dinner is so easy when you're prepared

Dinner: Steak, Roasted Pumpkin, Sweet Potato Chips, Eggs & Kale baked in Tomato & Avocado

All I had to do tonight was cook some steak and heat up the veggies left from lunch and dinner was done!

Glasses of water: 8

Week 51
Day 6 - Monday
12/01/2015

Paleo breakfast ideas
Yum!

Breakfast: Poached Eggs with Kale, Onion, Tomato, Zucchini, Mushroom & Avocado

This was so delicious and so much better than having just a smoothie.

Kunara
Kunara Organic Marketplace - Coffee with Almond Milk

I visited the Kunara Organic Marketplace today (website here). This place is HUGE! It's basically an organic supermarket and it even has an organic butcher and cafe.  

paleo lunches
Why can't I just have a sandwich?
Lunch: Honey Mustard Beef Stir-Fry

I was feeling slack for lunch today so I just cooked up some steak and some pre-cut stir-fry veggies I bought from the markets.  I just mixed through some mustard, honey and olive oil.  I love eating healthy and I do feel better for it, but sometimes I wish I could just have a freaking sandwich! So much easier! 

paleo ice cream
YOYO COYO! :)

Afternoon Snack: Coyo - Acai & Blueberry 
Ingredients: coconut milk, tapioca, pectin, coconut nectar, stevia, acai berry, blueberry.

I picked up some Coyo (website here) coconut ice cream at Kunara.  It is Paleo friendly and it is nice to be able to have a treat every now and then.  I have had the Vanilla and Nutmeg version, which was delicious, but they were sold out :(  So I decided to pick up the Acai & Blueberry and Chocolate (Cacao).  

The Acai & Blueberry was good, but the coconut flavour was too strong in this one.  The consistency is really creamy. 

paleo dinner recipes
Spicy!

Dinner: Salsa Chicken & Avocado Pancakes

I really like the flavour of this chicken dish and it's really easy to make.  I will post a recipe up for this soon and the avocado pancakes.  Basically the pancakes are half a large avocado and two eggs. 

Glasses of water: 8

Week 51
Day 7 - Tuesday
13/01/2015

paleo breakfast recipes
So yummy!

Breakfast: Banana, Date & Nut Porridge

Sometimes you get sick of eggs or a smoothie for breakfast and I can't remember the last time I had cereal!  I decided to make this for breakfast and I'm so glad I did, it's delicious and really simple.  I will post a recipe for this one too, I promise.  It's just banana, date, almonds, honey and almond meal.

paleo lunch recipes
I can't be effed to make lunch, lunch

Lunch: Scrambled Eggs & Avocado
(Zucchini, Carrot, Onion, Capsicum, Kale, Garlic & Tomato)

You don't have eggs for breakfast, so you have them for lunch.  I haven't been feeling too well lately, so my enthusiasm for cooking is at an all time low.  This was really quick, simple and tasty.

paleo snack ideas
YUM!
Afternoon Snack: Apple, Carrot, Almond Butter with Sultanas & Coconut

I think I have found my new favourite snack today.  Carrot, almond butter, sultanas and coconut.  Yep, sounds strange but it's delicious! Trust me on this one :)

gluten free pizza
I didn't have to cook = WINNING! 

Dinner: Gluten Free Pizza with Marinated Olives, Capsicum, Sweet Potato, Bacon, Spinach, Tomato Paste & a tiny bit of Cheese

Remember how I was saying that my enthusiasm for cooking is at an all time low? Even though this isn't Paleo, I wasn't passing up the offer of someone else cooking dinner for me!  

This was made on a gluten free pizza base, so it doesn't contain grain, however, it's still full of processed ingredients which is definitely not Paleo.  But if I eat something that isn't Paleo, I don't worry.  I'm trying to eat the healthiest I can and if sometimes I have to eat pizza, then I have to eat pizza. ;) 

Glasses of water: 8

coyo ice cream review
Yay for ice cream! :)
Desert: Coyo - Cacao Ice Cream
Ingredients: coconut cream , cococnut nectar , tapioca ,organic agave ,organic cocao. 

This was the other version of Coyo I picked up from Kunara.  I liked this one better than the Acai & Blueberry, but there still wasn't enough chocolate.  I think the one I like the most is the Vanilla & Nutmeg.  I would definitely recommend the Coyo ice cream it to my fellow Paleo eaters. :)


1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete