Saturday 15 November 2014

For The Sunset - Weight Loss Journey Week 43 - Day 2

Week 43
Day 2 - Thursday
13/11/2014
For The Sunset
Paleo Smoothie
Okay, so maybe I like a little Parsley...
Breakfast: Green Monster Smoothie
(Kale, Almond/Coconut Milk, Frozen Banana, Apple and Parsley)
Recipe on The Kitchy Kitchen.com HERE (The recipe is enough for two smoothies)

Going Green for breakfast today I decided to try the Green Monster Smoothie.  I was a little unsure about this recipe due to the Parsley in it but I thought I'd give it a go...Outcome? I enjoyed it :)  I didn't find it too fruity sweet or too "Green" tasting, it was a good balance of the two.  I didn't have Coconut Almond Milk that the recipe calls for, so I used Coconut Water instead.

Paleo lunch
Salad can be yummy, who knew?
Lunch: Sweet Potato and Bacon Salad with Guacamole
(Guacamole Recipe HERE)

I've said it before, I like to be prepared for dinner ahead of time because that is when I'm at my laziest.  Today I heated up some Garlic, Onion, Bacon, Sweet Potato (thin slices), Tomato and Capsicum in a pan.  I used half of it for the Salad and the other half for dinner.  

I know it's hot outside, but the thought of eating raw Salad every day just doesn't excite me.  So I find having a warm Salad or cooking up some of the ingredients makes it a little more enticing for me. With the forces Bacon, Egg, Onion and Guacamole combined, this Salad was delish!

Paleo Snacks
Eating my greens
Afternoon Snack: Guacamole and Carrot Sticks

Not the most original snack in the world, I know, but I'm only just getting used to cutting out carbs.  It's really hard to think of snacks without having processed carbs like Breads or Crackers etc.  I don't want to have fruit for snacks either as I don't want to have too much fruit each day.  

Paleo Dinner Recipe
You've got time for this!
Dinner: Lazy Frittata
Recipe HERE

I thought I'd have a Frittata tonight using the left over ingredients from lunch, but I didn't expect it to turn out this well or be so delicious (if I do say so myself).  It actually looked like a Pizza and smelled amazing too.  

I felt like I'd cheated the system a little because I didn't need to flip the Egg over in the pan or brown it in the oven (ain't nobody got time for that), that is where the "lazy" Frittata came from.  

Glasses of water: 7

Workout
Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
Exercise: Walking (Brisk)
49 Minutes, 523 Calories Burned

Those of you that have followed me for some time (thank you) know that I love Dancing.  I used to Dance at home as it's fun and no one had to see me do it!  I never understood the point of walking as exercise and if I was really honest with myself, it was because I didn't want people to see me exercising.  

Because of my weight I was very conscious of my appearance, how other people viewed me and the thought of people seeing me all red faced and sweaty was enough to scare me off public exercising completely.  

BUT then something changed it all.  I got really ill and couldn't do much else other than lie in bed.  I had chest pain, muscle weakness, vertigo and the smallest steps would leave me out of breath and feeling like I was going to black out.  

I was in and out of hospital and I longed to be out of those four walls and the four walls of my bedroom.  I missed the outside world so much and I swore to myself that when I was well again I wouldn't take it for granted.  So it was a blessing in disguise you could say.

The sunset
Everyday I'm rewarded with this beautiful view!
 Everyday I try to keep that promise to myself.  I no longer care who sees me exercising and I actually really like it when I end up a red faced sweaty mess because, to me, it means that I've had a great workout.  I like to go in the late afternoon because it's not as hot, I wont get burnt and I get the chance to see the sunset.  

Everyday I take a moment to myself and appreciate the sunset, the view and the world around me, how beautiful it is and how lucky I am that I get to enjoy it.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome as always! Keep up the good work lovely! Once bub is here I'll use you motivation so I don't sit on the couch all day and continue to feed my face! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Miranda! So glad to have met you :) It must be getting close now! Hope you are doing well! Ha ha I'm glad that I've motivated you! If it wasn't for my health I probably would do the same. I hope all goes well xxoxx

      Delete
  2. Lol thanks! Everything's okish.. They found a bit of fluid around his heart last week so monitoring it but they're not ultra concerned, also constantly checking his thyroid and heart rate.. Having him 37 weeks now so any time from 5th Jan. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, sorry to hear that :( I'm sure he will be healthy. Wow! Awesome! :) I'm so happy and excited for you! <3

      Delete
  3. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete