Wednesday 24 December 2014

Paleo "Rum" Balls

Paleo Balls
Mmmm Balls! ;)
Paleo "Rum" Balls

Okay, so there is no Rum in these balls BUT I dare you to try them before you disregard them.  The Cacao, Santanas and Spices make them taste of Christmas and almost like they Rum.  I had to make a second batch for Christmas because the first batch was demolished by the family!  Even those that love the original unhealthy version and aren't concerned about their diet. 

Ingredients
300 Grams of Dates (pitted)
300 Grams of Sultanas/Raisins
300 Grams of Raw Unsalted Cashews
2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice (Cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg)
5 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil 
6 Heaped Tablespoons of Cacao 
Coconut to roll balls in 

Makes
50 - 20 gram balls
I have a lot of people to cater for but you could easily divide this recipe

Method
Chop the dates into small pieces. Combine half the fruit and nuts in a food processor and gradually add the remaining fruit and nuts.  Add the spice, coconut oil and cacao.  This may take a few minutes but the ingredients will combine into soft dough.  Once all combined, roll into balls, roll in coconut or cacao and refrigerate for 2 hours.  Enjoy and Merry Christmas! :)

What a difference a year makes!

I just thought I'd share what I made for Christmas a year ago today.  Before I decided to lose weight and when I was 35 kgs heavier!  I can't believe the changes I've made over the year and how much happier I am for it. 

Lifestyle choice
Christmas 2013 - Christmas 2014

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete